iPhone App 3.9 saves updates to a different URL
The latest WordPress iPhone App by Automattic (Version 3.9, January 30, 2014) writes update to the wrong folder.
For example the first entry of Day 42 (The Nudist War) has ALWAYS been located at:
After editing and saving it is now located at:
The blog I need help with is contrafactual.com.
Timestamp and URL change to previous day when editing.
I can’t reproduce this. When I edit my old posts through the app, they stay the same date.
Can you please walk me through step-by-step exactly what you’re doing? For example,
1. I open http://contrafactual.com/2013/07/11/hzv-day-42/ through the app.
2. I add the following sentence at the bottom of the first paragraph, “I am editing this.”
3. I click Update on the app.
4. I load the post in my blog, and see that the date is now today’s.
I know that seems tedious, but exact steps like this would help me make sure I’m doing exactly what you’re doing and not missing anything. Also, which version of iOS are you using on your phone?
Take a look at:
I have include what I consider to be key sections of the activity log.
I can email you the activity log if you wish.
Bottom line the Timestamp and URL are being set incorrectly, most but not 100% of the time. Take a look at the posts preceding and following the fear of updating link.
Tonight when I have time I will capture an exhaustive set of screen shots, post them, and notify you here.
Thank you for looking into this for me
I have a theory that the Timestamp is being set incorrectly. Reset earlier each time I update. This would not cause the URL to change until it crossed midnight into the previous day. That is why the URL does not always change.
Look at the timestamp screen captures for ‘Troubleshooting”
(Note: Why does the URL no longer include ‘troubleshooting’?)
Please note that
Was created today Monday 2013/02/03 … February 3rd
I don’t know how to document this any better than this.
Once again thank you for your investigation of this.
Could you please double-check that the time and date settings on your phone are the same as those in your blog settings:
If so, can you please report this issue in the iOS app forum here:
The developers who monitor that forum will be better able to interpret the logs you’ve provided and figure out what might be going on here.
I tried to post to http://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ but I was unable to relate an ID via my iPhone.
Checking time-date strings next
Time appears to be OK
The topic ‘iPhone App 3.9 saves updates to a different URL’ is closed to new replies.