Intergalactic 2 Theme – Pages instead of Posts on the Frontpage?

• Hey guys and girls,

can someone help me out with the Intergalactic 2 theme, please? Is there the option to set up pages to show on the homepage/frontpage instead of posts?
    I mean I want to show 2-3 pages in the same tiled style on the homepage instead of the latest posts.

Let me know if I have to edit something in the theme.php or anything like that.
    Thanks in advance!

Best,
    Martin :)

• Hey Martin,

Just to confirm, what is the site you are enquiring about? As you are enquiring about a free theme by Automattic, I presume you are asking about a WordPress.com site. Please note, you cannot edit PHP files with WordPress.com. Any edits you would want to make to a theme must be done through CSS, which require either the Premium or Business plans.
    Editing Themes

As for a static page as your homepage, that can be achieved quite easily! From the left menu, go to Customize > Homepage Settings and select “a static page”.

Let us know how you go.

• Hey there,

thanks for the quick reply.

No, I am planning to edit the same theme (Intergalactic 2) on a self-hosted service, so I can edit the php and css files.

I’ve tried with making the frontpage static, but it only displays one page (the homepage). I want to imitate the latest blog posts view, but with pages, instead of blog posts. Do you think is that possible?

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards,
    Martin

• Hi again,

Hey, no worries.

Thank you for clarifying. I better understand your situation and what you are trying to achieve.

I must say, this forum is for people using WordPress.com services. The self-hosted version, WordPress.org, has its own forums, which would be the place you would need to go to to get help.
    https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

That being said, I could not find any forum over there for the theme Intergalactic 2, so I’m guessing that is why you ended up here. I’m guessing you clicked “Visit forum” from this page? I’m going to tag this post with “modlook” to get a staff’s attention, just in case I’m missing something here.
    How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question?

Sorry that’s the best I can do. I hope you find the answer you are looking for soon.

• Oh, I see. Sorry for not complying to those basic requirements.

On the other hand, I also have a blog here, which is also using the same theme. But in any case I will head to wp.org and see if somebody has handled a similar issue.

Thanks again,
    Martin

• Hi again, Martin,

As for your WordPress.com site, I believe you will need to either edit the theme or use a plugin. Both of these can only be achieved on the Business plan. If you have the business plan, then asking a staff member for support would be the quickest way to get there.

(It might be doable with advanced CSS customization, but you would need at least the Premium plan to do that. If you have the Premium plan, then again, a direct chat with a staff member would be the quickest way there.)

All the best!

• Hi folks, for sites on our servers, I’d recommend using a theme that has that ability built in.

CSS can be used to style what’s on the page, but it can’t be used to change which data the page requests, and while a short code could be used to list pages, it wouldn’t show their featured images or make them full width like that.

But TwentySeventeen comes to mind as one theme that’s meant to show multiple pages on a single front page. You can find others like it here:
    https://wordpress.com/themes/filter/one-page

• @supernovia ,

CSS can be used to style what’s on the page, but it can’t be used to change which data the page requests

That is the explanation I was looking for. Thank you!

• The topic ‘Intergalactic 2 Theme – Pages instead of Posts on the Frontpage?’ is closed to new replies.