Insertion problem of a widget via html code.

• Hello, I am having complications trying to insert a widget on my site, it is a horizontal drop-down widget that displays stock prices from Trading View web site. On my site creation tool, the widget is displayed and scrolled perfectly only once I go to the site (UPDATE changes), than nothing!

I am hosted at WordPress.com with a premium plan, this information may be important.

It appears to be JavaScript. WordPress.com automatically removes codes of this type, unless I have the WordPress.com Business plan. Would there be another alternative without having to upgrade a plan ?

I hope a kind soul who could fix this problem for me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

The relevant blog address is entradefx.com.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

If your widget uses JavaScript to work, you’ll need the Business Plan to embed it on your site, yes.

I’m afraid I don’t have any alternatives to offer. Embedding dynamic content like that is only possible through JavaScript, or else inside an iframe (essentially a mini-website you embed using a piece of HTML). Both those types of code can potentially be used to embed malware on a site. WordPress.com sites share their core files, so one site embedding malicious code could bring down hundreds of other sites at the same time. This is why we only allow embeds from a limited number of whitelisted services for security reasons.

On the Business Plan, each site has its own core files, meaning if you install bad code on such a site, only that site will be affected, which is why we allow it there.

• The topic ‘Insertion problem of a widget via html code.’ is closed to new replies.