iNove Theme Retired ???

• Author

gunnyg

Just happened by chance to run across something on WP pages saying my Theme, iNove, had been retired!

News to me–should I now consider moving to a new theme–like 2012–or will iNove still be ok since i already have it?

Seems to be working ok, and I didn’t even suspect any problem.

Thanx!

Dick G

The blog I need help with is gunnyg.wordpress.com.

justpi

For now at least, you can stick to it. Retired means no longer available in blogs created after this unfortunate decision.

gunnyg

Thank you…would it be e-z or difficult for a “novice” like me to go ahead and move my stuff to 2012 ???

justpi

When you switch to a different theme, you don’t “move” anything: you just give your content a different appearance (and maybe some different functions). Only the widgets will disappear: you’ll have to go to Appearance > Widgets and drag them back from Inactive to Sidebar.
    But do you think that 2012 is better than iNove? Personally I don’t.

gunnyg

Don’t know much about 2012 (just a for example)–but I would think the “writing is on the wall” for iNove…maybe better to just switch b4 iNove disappears entirely… w/o notice…
    ???

I am happy w/iNove…so I would like to switch to something as close to iNove as possible, if need be.

Thank you for your thoughts–appreciated!

Dick G

justpi

You’re welcome.
    a) 2012 doesn’t look like iNove at all. To look for a theme you might like, you can visit the Theme Showcase and see all (non-retired) themes in action:
    http://theme.wordpress.com/
    b) Now that iNove is retired, we don’t have statistics for it, but a year ago there were about 230,000 blogs using it, so I don’t think the writing on the wall will become reality anytime soon.

The topic ‘iNove Theme Retired ???’ is closed to new replies.