Include Icon Font Such As Google Material Icons

• Add support for an icon font such Google’s material font and include it as standard for all plans. It should be extra easy to implement and wouldn’t be a major overhead (Google fonts are already being loaded). It would add great functionality and users could create richer websites and blogs – and almost for free. This enhancement would make the platform much more attractive to existing and potential new users.

Thanks for considering this, PJ

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, sorry this question slipped through the cracks somehow.

Can you let us know what specific icons you’d be looking to include? We support emoji, and we have a social icons widget that displays logos for many services.

Several themes here have fontawesome support built in as well, though I don’t think twentyseventeen does.

• Hi Supernova, thanks for replying.

This was posted as a feature request. To have The Google Material fonts ‘hard coded’ so that for all themes this icon set is available.

Can you suggest a theme similar to twenty seventeen – free or premium -that has fontawesom.

Thanks and regards, PJ

• Thanks, I’ll pass it along as a feature request then.

A few one-page themes that support fontawesome:
    Venture
    Pique
    Swell
    Port

… if there’s a specific feature you’re after, let me know and I’ll try to help you find one with that.

• The topic ‘Include Icon Font Such As Google Material Icons’ is closed to new replies.