In need of serious help – autofocus

• Author

kacrosby

Hey everyone – Like stated I need serious help. I’ve been trying to get this site up and going forever. If you look at the site you can see the set up is really off and I cannot get the dates up. Basically it doesn’t look a thing like the autofocus theme. Do I need to be doing more tweaking on the CSS myself? I even purchased the upgrade on CSS for the autofocus theme. I’d be so grateful for some help!

The blog I need help with is bettervita.wordpress.com.

1tess
    Moderator Emeritus

Hi there!

Are you talking about this theme:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/autofocus

I don’t know anything about CSS, but I do know that you can not just stick CSS from another theme and expect it to work! Also, CSS will only alter the appearance, not the functionality, of the themes we are able to use here at wp.com.

1tess
    Moderator Emeritus

Here are several articles from Support about using CSS on WordPress.com.
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/?s=CSS

Here is a post about the difference between .COM and .ORG
    http://wordpress.org/support/

kacrosby

Hey Tess thanks so much! I’m going to check it out right now. Don’t know if you saw the little I have up so far but when I put pics up I don’t know how to get them to layout with the dates like autofocus. And yes thats the same theme as you asked.

I have to show my roommate your blog. She’s preparing to go to Japan and is obsessed with cooking the food too. She’ll love it :)

timethief

@kacrosby
    The only themes we can use on a wordpress.com blog are found here > Appearance > Themes The autofocus theme you name is not among them. It is for wordpress.org blogs and not for wordpress.com blogs and CSS editing is theme specific at wordpress.com.

1tess
    Moderator Emeritus

@kacrosby

Yes, of course I did look at your blog.

But sorry to say that the autofocus theme just won’t work on wp.COM .
    The only themes we can use here are what timethief describes above…

If you are experienced and knowlegable about CSS, you might be able to use one of the sandbox themes. HELP me out other volunteers: which sandbox?? But don’t buy the upgrade if you don’t know CSS already: there is no official support for CSS…

Your roommate will love Japan I am sure!!! But I have never been there, so my word is wish. Never the less, food travel is fascinating and fun where ever you go! I would LOVE to visit Japan…

1tess
    Moderator Emeritus

Oh, and you might check out the 2 photoblogs available here on wp.com:
    monotone and duotone.
    Not exactly what you show you want, but free and stress-free here.
    Or you could pay to host your own blog and use (free) wordpress.ORG software to make it work.

timethief

@tess
    Sandbox 1.6.1

1tess
    Moderator Emeritus

tt: thank you!

The topic ‘In need of serious help – autofocus’ is closed to new replies.