Image Resize

• Gcorne:

“Thanks everyone for the feedback. One thing to keep in mind is that you can also now resize the image directly in the visual editor by dragging the little boxes that surround the image after the image is selected.”

Hi Gcorne, like brookewilkerson the resizing only appears for me in the visual editor, once I preview or post the image goes back to the smaller size.

Please, please, please bring back the percentage option, I too have my blog optimised for large photos, this is a mess!

Thanks.

• Has anyone found a way of enlarging photos now that the resizing thing has changed? Any help hugely appreciated, thank you.

• No, it looks good within the visual editor but, it doesn’t show up in the preview or post, whatever you do it will default to small/medium/large or full size.

I tried to change the pixel ratio on the html and, again, it works fine within the visual editor, but defaults to the “presets” where it really counts.

• I miss the percentages also. This enabled me to fine-tune how it appeared to people viewing my post. Scaling the photo does not change how people see the photo in my post. :(

• Just a note to those finding the image is “unable to scale”… you have to be sure to insert the image at FULL SIZE first, then the scaling will work. If you put it in as “Thumbnail” or “Medium”, the scaling does not work.

They (zandyring) said they are working on this.

• Live image resizing in the Visual editor as I described above should be working correctly now.

• Still not working for me gcorne, even when I choose full size – fine in the visual editor, but not working in the preview or post.

• @gcorne Nope, still not working for me. Everything looks great (scaled) in the editor but preview is still showing full size images. (I’m going to love using the resize nodes once they work though!)

• Is there any way you could give us back the percentage option until the changes are fixed? Thanks.

• I am working on a post for my blog now. I usually add my images from a URL and not from my media gallery and using the scale bars works fine. I hope we will be able to still do the advanced options like open links in a new window and add borders to images with whatever this new setup turns out to be.

I also did a preview and the image was scaled as I had it set in the editor.

• Thanks sekhmet812, now using URLs and not media gallery – works, but takes an age to resize everything. Completely screwed up the blogging day :-( And no longer possible to upload and resize photos, the whole thing is a complete mess.

• What is it about the need for change !?
    If it’s not broken don’t fix it ……!
    Looking at this it would seem that we are all going to get the new system what ever we say, we will be absorbed into the Borg, resistance is futile.
    The percentage adjustment facility was just fine and by the look of it, I am not the only one who thought so.

• What davidalockwood said – changes are great, but please don’t remove options that many of us enjoyed and used regularly, like the percentage option for photos. Not even bothering updating my blog now, there’s no point, enlarged photos were the central feature, now they look like thumbnails. Really frustrating and disappointing.

• Where is the option to put a border around an edited picture. Why don’t you test changes before applying an update?

• Another vote for bringing back percentage sizing in the images. Just tried to update and this new version is pretty horrible and fairly worthless. This is why I left Blogger and migrated over here in the first place for more and better image control. If it ain’t broke, why fix it?

• I am only seeing my resizing of pictures in the editing page. I use the method where you pull the corners out with the cursor. When I go to the preview, the images are still tiny. I’m afraid to press “publish” because it may not work for the public to see. Am I doing something wrong?

• Also, my images aren’t staying centered as I’ve chosen. Some are, but others are not.

• When I dragged the corner you have to be careful to use one away from delete button or when you unclick you can delete photo very easy….

• I can’t figure out how to title the images so when my readers hover over them they can see something other than a url string. In the old editor whatever appeared in the alt text box showed when the image was hovered over.
    Please advise!

• Hi there,

I’d like to know how to do the following in the new set-up (all options available under “Advanced Settings” in the old set-up):
    1. Add a border of particular width to my image.
    2. Add extra vertical or horizontal space around my image.
    3. Title my image (not the alt text or the caption, but the actual image title; right now it’s a URL that I can’t amend).
    4. How to set my image links to open in a new window (ideally without having to do this separately through the link button on the Kitchen Sink).

For the record, I also will miss the percentage resizing options, as that helped me ensure that multiple images on my blog all ended up as the same size!

Many thanks.

• The topic ‘Image Resize’ is closed to new replies.