Image maps?

• I’m trying to use image maps – you know, just the standard shape=”rect”, coords=blah blah blah.

WordPress.com doesn’t like this, does it? It seems to accept the code initially but when I preview through the visual editor, the code has been removed so that I just have one big href for the image.

Any suggestions? Do I really have to edit in the code editor to get this feature to work?

• I just checked – the code editor does the same. Just peels the code out. I can accept that javascript, objects, iframes etc could cause problems but surely there’s nothing sinister about good old image maps – is there?

• OK, I get it. Yet another problem, yet another lack of response. I’ll just assume I’m right and carry on my merry little way, yes?

• Why don’t you post the code between backticks (the key next to the 1) so we can see if there’s anything not allowed or whether someone else can get it to work.

• If you’re hoping for staff feedback, you’re in the wrong place. As far as I know, nobody’s ever tried this before and that’s why you get no answer; have you done a forum search for it?

• The topic ‘Image maps?’ is closed to new replies.