If you could change one thing about your theme, what would it be?

• Help us improve themes here on WordPress.com by posting a brief reply to the following question:

If you could change one thing about your theme, what would it be?

Please share one thing you would love to see added to or improved on with your WordPress.com theme. Make sure to include the name of your theme; it can be found in the footer of your site or in your Dashboard under Appearance → Themes.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• If I could change one thing about my theme, Vigilance, it would be to display the post, or at least part of it, in the archives/categories. Currently, it only displays the titles.

• Using the Simpla theme. I’d like Next Post and Previous Post links.

Thanks for asking.

• @andrew, I agree that should be standard on all themes here.

• Twenty Ten – I would like to be able to flip the font to Ariel – I don’t want to mess with Type whatever – just flip a simple bit to a different standard font

• Hi Lance

I am using Theme Enterprise by StudioPress;

Whenever I check my individual blog post, I see two arbitrary post title with links (which are automatically grabbed from my older post) above my post.

But…These two links are not from the same category of the post which I am visiting.

If I could, I made them of the same category.

Regards
    Om Prakash Chowdhury

• In Inuit Types, if where “You may use these HTML tags and attributes” shows was deleted with all that yellow code deleted. It just looks so messy. Most people never use any code. The occasional bold text is used by them. But in all my years of blogging and roaming blogs, I don’t even know what most of those codes mean or do.

In the same theme, if the RSS feed at the top right was gone. Because it doesn’t show the RSS feed for comments also, it defeats the purpose. So I have to add the widget that has both RSS feeds for posts & comments.

The comments section in my other blog Vigilance is ideal because it has no messy code at the bottom and it also has permalinks for each comment.

• I’m using Elegant Grunge by Michael Tyson and would love it a lot more if the photos in the flickr-widget was a bait smaller.

• ChaosTheory-add the custom header/featured image feature.

• Digg 3, if you can provide a few beautiful free background pics to choose from, it will be great. Thanks.

• To answer the question… I like the theme ‘Spectrum’ theme, but wish I could change the colour of the post banners to match my background. I think the green banners stand out too much.

Also, on some themes, the tags appear above posts. I prefer them to be at the bottom.

• This really pertains to any theme, but having the ability to customize the size of the header would be a great benefit!

• I use Enterprise which is a lovely theme. When doing blog posts it would be nice to have full font control when writing posts.

• I’m using vigilance.

I’d like to be able to swap the font color to black, in themes that have a dark background(talking abt. themes with customizable backgrounds).

• I use TwentyTen on two blogs, so I would like two changes! 1: I would like the typeface to be the same throughout, preferably the sans serif font. 2: The HTML stuff below the comments box not to be seen

• I love Modularity Lite and would like to have more Theme (Layout) Options – for example have 1 column of widgets and 2 of posts etc …. more magazine type styling.

Thanks for inviting our comments and wish lists …

• I have been using several of your themes to find my “perfect” one. Currently I am using TwentyTen. I would love to have the comments on the front page made so that you can see where to click more easily (optional at the top of the entry as well).

A second (if I was allowed it!) I would love to see quotes made more like some of the other themes so that they stand out more (large ” at the beginning and maybe optional change of background colour).
    The key things I like about TwentyTen that keeps me there is customisable header, background (non see-through), menus and having the blog name and tagline well placed.

• Using Twenty-Ten and love it because of it customization capabilities. I would love to be able to have different fonts and sizes available for posts as well as titles, page names, and other headers.

• Shoo wee guys- you have your work cut out for you.
    The theme i use does not allow you to look at archived theme headings all on one page. More specifically, if you click on a certain month…..only ONE title shows, you then need to click older posts to review more. This becomes a clicking marathon. (I have therefore made a page and called it ALL my posts! People click on it.) And perhaps if we could have the first five lines or intro? AM I NOW ASKING FOR TOO MUCH?
    The same thing happens when you look at the “categories”. You cant see all the headings…..only one at a time. I thought the point of finding catchy titles was for people to really want to take a read. Teh problem is that they cant see all the titles, only one at a time.
    xx

• We should have at least Sans or Serif font option.

Many theme have custom header but hight of the header is not flexible. Flexible hight help to present the header very well.

• The topic ‘If you could change one thing about your theme, what would it be?’ is closed to new replies.