I would like to bring my site to WordPress.com

• What steps should I take to bring my site to WordPress.com? How do I do this?

My site kimsteward.com is currently hosted by BlueHost and has WordPress installed. Is there some way to just flip the switch?

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Kimberly

Unfortunately, there is no one switch to flip and automatically migrate your site to WordPress.com, there are comprehensive steps you will need to carry out and this support guide will help you to complete the task:https://wordpress.com/support/moving-from-self-hosted-wordpress-to-wordpress-com/

Please read it carefully before starting the process. You may also want to look at WordPress.com plans and the features they offer before starting the process.

I hope you come right with your migration to WordPress.com, please let us know if you need further assistance.

• Hi @kimberlydsteward

I just wanted to add here (since staff has a bit more insight into that site) that I can see kimsteward.com was at one time connected to us via the Jetpack plugin installed on that site.

If you were to reconnect Jetpack on that site again, that would allow you to perform a simple migration to WordPress.com, which would require just a few mouse clicks, and then the time needed to migrate all site data. To do that you will first need to upgrade kimsteward.wordpress.com to our WordPress.com Business Plan and then once you have done that you can:

1. Make sure the Jetpack plugin is activated on kimsteward.com and you will see a “Jetpack” tab in the admin menu with steps to connect
    2. After you have connected Jetpack on kimsteward.com to your @kimberlydsteward account on our end, you can follow the steps here to migrate: https://wordpress.com/import/kimsteward.wordpress.com/

Because Jetpack is connected on kimsteward.com it will show up in the list of sites to migrate to kimsteward.wordpress.com and once you answer a few questions onscreen, the migration will proceed automatically.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• The topic ‘I would like to bring my site to WordPress.com’ is closed to new replies.