I want to make an image on a post category page not clickable

• Author

cmkentau

Baskerville 2 Theme.
    I want to make an image on a post category page not clickable.

As I understand it, page formats control the way the post displays. By contrast, post formats control the way the post “summary” displays on the “category” page, and have minimal influence on the the way the post itself displays.

I have two posts with featured images, and Format:Image. This displays teh image and nothing else on the “category” page. However, I do not want this image to be clickable from the “category” page in the same way that Format:Status is are not clickable from the “category” page.

This is the page in question. I want the two top images, right and left, to be static and not clickable.

The blog I need help with is housing-alternatives.com.

Hi there,

I agree with you on this one and I think those shouldn’t be clickable. Therefore, I came up with an easy CSS solution:

/* This will disable the click on all the format image posts on the category pages */
    .archive.category .format-image a {
        pointer-events: none;
    }

In order to insert this CSS code, you’ll need to own at least a Premium account: https://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-css/

Let me know if that helped.

Cheers,
    Robert

cmkentau

Thankyou. Works like a charm!

You are welcome!

Enjoy the day,
    Robert

The topic ‘I want to make an image on a post category page not clickable’ is closed to new replies.