I want a domain

• Is there a way for me to get a domain that is already been taken? It hasn’t been used since 2007 and I’d really like to use it.

Help.

• If it is owned by someone else you may be able to contact the owner of the domain and offer to purchase it from them, but there is no guarantee that they want to sell or that you will find a mutually agreeable price. The easier (and probably cheaper) way is to try to find an alternative name, such as instead of example.com, example.co or example.net. Many new Top Level Domains are available (such as example.pro); a list of all the types available through WordPress.com is here, or you can find more options from other registrars like Namecheap, Name.com, or others. If you absolutely must have the other name and are having trouble contacting the owner directly, the registrar you choose might help you submit an offer to the owner. Note that if you register your domain with a registrar other than WordPress.com but want to keep your site here, you will also need to purchase the domain mapping upgrade, which is $13/year.

• The topic ‘I want a domain’ is closed to new replies.