I tried on another theme but liked the original better

• Help! I tried another theme on my
    Wp.com site but liked the original better so I went back and put the original, Galactic, on but it doesn’t pick up my
    1.)Sort searchbox (for keywords on the front page ) i.e., the search box where I could look up a keyword (cancer) tied to a category nor does it 2.) list the months for the entries (eg. Blog entries from April 2019, March 2019, Feb 2019, etc.) where you could just click the date to get the entries by date.
    Then there is not a place on the menu icon to get to the blog. I have almost 600items in the blog and do NOT want to lose them!
    Please take a look. I want these functions back but do not remember how to program them.(I’ve been in the hospital for 2 months )

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi antiagingandwellnesscompany,

Sorry to hear you’ve been in hospital for 2 months.

but it doesn’t pick up my 1.)Sort searchbox (for keywords on the front page ) i.e., the search box where I could look up a keyword (cancer)

When I search for “cancer” using the search box at the bottom of the menu, I’m seeing these results:

https://radicalreliefandwellness.wordpress.com/?s=cancer

So the search is picking up posts using that word. Have you got this sorted now or is the SEARCH CATEGORIES link in the menu not behaving as expected?

Or do you mean you want to display a search box on the front page, rather than having it in the menu?

Then there is not a place on the menu icon to get to the blog. I have almost 600items in the blog and do NOT want to lose them!

The posts are still there, you haven’t lost those. A “Blog” link can be added to the menu from My Sites > Design > Customise > Menus:

Menus

You’ll need to add that to the menu you choose as the slide out menu (in Menu Locations > View all locations).

Once I know more about the search issue, I’ll try and point you in the right direction for getting that set up as you would like.

• The topic ‘I tried on another theme but liked the original better’ is closed to new replies.