I think my site has been hacked and I am having a number of different issues

• Hi,
    Last week when i was trying to log out of wordpress I got an error about a smartcaptcha solve top robot (or something). Ever since then when someone clicks on my website via instagram they get a spam pop up saying that they are the 5 billionth visitor and have won a prize.
    I have tried using anti virus on my PC, nothing was found. I did a scan on wordpress using the plugin Anti-Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall, nothing was found. I cleared all my cookies and browser data and that didn’t help.
    I used to have jetpack but this no longer works, I get the error The Jetpack server could not communicate with your site’s XML-RPC URL. I try to troubleshoot but it doesn’t work

Most worryingly, when I log into wordpress using my email address, I can no longer see my domain there, only the free domain that wordpress provides. however if I go on my website /wp-admin I can log in just fine.

If it helps I bought my domain on hostinger and everything has been working fine for around 9 months, it is only since this smartrobot captcha solve top robot came up that i have had an issue.

Thank you

WP.com: Unknown
    Jetpack: Yes
    Correct account: Unknown

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• I don’t see the described problems at the site you listed.

What is the URL of the site with the problem?

NOTE: We can only assist with websites hosted here at WordPress.com. If you’re using the WordPress software, but hosted elsewhere, you will need to reach out to your hosting provider or the WordPress.org community for guidance: https://wordpress.org/support/

• Hi,

The 5billionth visitor error doesn’t come up consistently, only sometimes, and only when clicked via the Instagram link in bio

Thanks
    Jeylan

• Hi there!

Okay. Can you share the link to your site so that we can check it out?

Regards

• The topic ‘I think my site has been hacked and I am having a number of different issues’ is closed to new replies.