I just need to remove jacobdecor, and keep the account

• Hi there. This site, jacobdecor.ro should NOT be in any way attached to my account, as I have only worked with them for a few hours as part of a fiverr gig. I have no idea why it appears as being my site, I have no relationship with them, and I would like that site removed from my account.

• There are no connected sites under your account currently.

Were you able to correct this?

• I’m the same person who used to have the account “blogslabire”, that made the original post you replied to.
    No, I wasn’t. I have found it to be DISRESPECTFUL, that this platform has a link that states “Talk to one of our happiness engineers” before you delete your account, only to discover that it redirects or sends to a public forum.

I have great respect for wordpress, because of all it does for the online world, especially the .org version, but this is NOT an acceptable way to treat your users.

If you state on a link that you are going to put me in touch with a “customer support engineer”, or “Chat with someone from our support team”, then that is exactly what I expect to happen, not being sent to the public forum to publish a post.

Regardless, I published the post, and realised that it’s not really an acceptable way, ESPECIALLY because I wasn’t even able to edit or delete my post, I chose to close that account.

Please forward this to your superiors if you have one, or if you are the person that can make a decision about this, then modify please this disrespectful attitude towards your users because of this procedure.

1) State on the damn link where you are going to direct the user when the user wants to close their account – OR – actually put them in touch with a customer staff.
    2) Make these damn posts on this forum editable and deletable, because you know… options. Don’t make the choice for me that if I advertently or inadvertently published a post, I shouldn’t be able to edit or delete it.

Thank you for your time to post your reply.

• One more thing, the actual case in question, a site being “allocated” somehow to my account – to any account – because I logged in once to that site, using a wp.com credential, is simply stemming from the cognitive dissonance of people working on the functionalities of a wp.com account – and I mean this in a respectful way – they have no idea about how the real world of wordpress sites operates, from what I’ve seen.
    Just because you log in to a site, doesn’t make you a member of that team, especially not someone with administrative privileges (= from the wording I’ve seen in the profile I’ve deleted => “You have X members in your team”), and each user with an account here (wordpress.com), should have the possibility to disassociate with any site listed in their accounts, without needing to go through lengthy processes and talking to “customer support” or anything else.
    There ya go… hopefully someone with some privileges and decision-making power at automattic will read this and do the rigth thing and implement these..
    Thank you,

• Our apologies; any form that points to our forums will say so on the same screen where you would type a message, like this:

Post a new question in our public forums, where it may be answered by helpful community members, by submitting the form below. Please do not provide financial or contact information when submitting this form.

I did confirm that with a free account, when trying to close, you will see an invitation to talk to a happiness engineer, followed by a form with that message, though I can see how it would be unclear if the previous screen invited you to chat with someone. We’ll get that feedback passed along.

• Regarding disconnecting a Jetpack site, usually that is doable without a contact to support. If you have trouble, that’s when you’d contact us.

• Thank you for your replies.
    With regard to the disconnection I’m not sure you understood my case.
    And it could be and probably is the case of many other users.
    I don’t know if it’s a jetpack site or not, I don’t have access to a site that appears in my account as being “mine” or in some way belonging to me. Why ? Because as a freelancer, I had ONCE helped them for 20 minutes, or an hour, or whatever, on one single occasion. Ok ? Do you get my point ? Afterwards, once my job on that site was done, my access to it was also removed (that is, my MORAL access, I should not and need not enter that site’s admin panel ever).

In such cases why on earth would I have that site appear in my account here, as belonging to me ? I’m talking of a purely logical standpoint here.

It just doesn’t make sense. Let me give you a more intelligent example.
    You hire a painter to repaint your room, and the painter comes and redoes your room in one afternoon. Just because this person was in your home for one single day, would you like them to present ANYWHERE in the world, that they own your place and live together with you ? Of course not.

Well, that’s exactly what wordpress does in this case. If any user logging in to a wordpress site – be it jetpack-powered as you say, or not – gets that login credited as a sign of ownership of that site – then we’ve got some serious questions to ask about the mentality of those who create functionalities in wp, be it .org or .com

I hope you will get it now.

Thank you for your time reading and replying to my comments.

• Thank you for all the details. I understand what you’re saying, let me just clarify how this works here. To access a site that’s not hosted on WordPress.com from your WordPress.com account, you’ll want to connect it through Jetpack. If the site has Jetpack active and you’ll be given access by the site owners, you’ll be able to access it from your WordPress.com dashboard.

If you want to continue your painter metaphor, it’s the same as giving the painter the keys to your house to do a job. After that job is done, you expect the painter to give you back your keys.

In case of a Jetpack connected site, you’ll be able to disconnect it from your WordPress.com account as described here:

Jetpack

I see that you have already closed the account for blogslabirero, please note that, if you’d like to, you can restore it within 30 days after the closure, for that reply to the email you received after you closed the account. We can restore the account and not the sites that were attached to it.

• It’s clear that you THINK it works that way, but as I’ve said… it doesn’t. If automattic/wordpress really cared, it would have simply given the user the ability to delete / disassociate with any sight, right from here, in the user account.

Oh, well, I tried… cognitive dissonance still rules the Valley I see.

Please close the ticket, it’s a waste of time continuing on this.

• Hi there, I hope you don’t mind me adding to this thread although you said to close it. I wanted to reply because these public forums are searchable, in case someone else looks for this information in the future.

Just because you log in to a site, doesn’t make you a member of that team

If the site owner added you as a user of their WPcom site as part of a freelance job, then you were indeed part of that site’s “team.”

From what you said above, it sounds like you wanted to leave that WPcom site after you completed working on it for the site owner. It’s possible to remove yourself from a WPcom site via your global dashboard. You can hover your cursor over the relevant site name and, as long as you are not the site owner, you will see the words “Leave Blog” appear. https://en.support.wordpress.com/my-blogs/#leave-a-blog

As a security best practice, site owners should also remove any unnecessary user from their site through the People dashboard. This is doubly important when working with 3rd parties, as most anyone who needs to work on the site will likely have the Admin role. https://en.support.wordpress.com/user-roles/#administrator

Although late, I hope that helped as well.

• And I should also add that if it’s been less than 30 days since you deleted the username account blogslabirero, and you are still interested in recovering it, you can reply to the email from WordPress.com you received following account deletion.

• Well, “justjennifer”, this means that that specific functionality has been added in the meantime, because had it been there in the first place, — “leave blog” — , I would not have started this thread.

I am glad to see that some of my pertinent improvement proposals have somehow gotten through the filters of cognitive dissonance at wp.

With regard to reinstating the account I have deleted… thank you, I will consider it.

Thank you for your time.

• Hello again, on the contrary, the ability to leave a blog is not a recently added feature. It’s been there since at least 2012. However, it is pretty easy to overlook if you don’t know where to look.

You’re welcome and best wishes.

• @justjennifer, the site they saw on their account was a self-hosted one and connected through Jetpack so they wouldn’t be able to use the Leave Blog option. However, a Jetpack site can be disconnected as explained here:

Jetpack

It can also be done from the Global Dashboard you mentioned, but from the Linked Blogs section, clicking on Disconnect Jetpack Blog.

• The topic ‘I just need to remove jacobdecor, and keep the account’ is closed to new replies.