I do not want an expensive public blog – this is for family and friends only, and is by invitation only. How can I achieve this please?

• I do not want an expensive public blog. I want to set a simple blog up for family and friends to follow on our trip. It will be by invite only and not public What do I need to do please

• Hi there, once you have setup your free WordPress blog, you will need to login into your WP Admin. Once you have logged in click on Settings – Reading. You will see a section called “Site Visibility”. Make sure “I would like my site to be private, visible only to myself and users I choose” is selected then right below that there is a button that says “Invite viewers to your blog”. You now have a private blog. As an added measure you might wish to check “Discourage search engines from indexing this site”.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!

• Hi all, just adding that all new sites on WordPressdotcom are set to Private by default until the user is ready to launch their site. They can then continue to keep their site completely Private (no search engines or casual visitors) and invite viewers as described here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/

Let us know if you have any other question about this.

• The topic ‘I do not want an expensive public blog – this is for family and friends only, and is by invitation only. How can I achieve this please?’ is closed to new replies.