I can't seem to comment!

• I am UK based as well.

I often comment on a blog that is based in the U.S. but my comments do not appear.

• I told WordPress and Askimet about this problem 15 months ago.

My account was ‘inactivated’ for proving the problem existed. It took a year to get my account back.

Can someone please fix Askimet? It is a virus, IMHO.

Your software malfunctions cost me over 60,000 views …. as a blogger using a blogging platform, that really did hurt.

Wayne

• I am UK based too. Ok, Akismet doesn’t like the UK. :(

• Now I see it’sa UK based problem. Is that why no one is helping us?

I have posted on Mark’s blog (obviously didn’t show up!), I have filled in the form, I have sent a message (indeed more that one to Akismet as requested by WP.
    Mark(Akismet) said it was fixed but it’s not. Now he doesn’t reply to my responses.
    I have sent another email. No response.

I think perhaps WP (who many of us are paying) might need to pick up the PHONE and talk to Akismet????????
    or is that a too outrageous suggestion?

This has gone on for too long to too many people.

• I can see a comment above that, today suggests we wait for A WEEK and then see IF it’s fixed!

Hello, acceptable? I don’t think so.

Justjen, your suggested ‘further action’ needs to happen today, right now, please.

• I am UK based too – I had a sneaky suspicion that this was affecting UK bloggers as most of the people I know who are having this problem are in the UK and other bloggers who seem fine are elsewhere in the world. So does it affect ALL UK bloggers? Or just a select few?

Anyway, my problem started on 8th July so over a week now, and I have to wait another week to have it fixed – and if it isn’t I have to jump through all these hoops AGAIN!

I AM trying to remain patient…

• I have just looked at that forum post that lanternroom linked to, and if the staff (WP) knows it is an issue with UK usersw then WHY has there been no similar response from staff on here? How do we know that our accounts have been ‘marked’ as being affected?

I just need reassurance that my account IS on a list somewhere and WILL be dealt with eventually. Can any (WP) staff member confirm that for me?

• A week does seem like a long time when we have been waiting over a week with all our comments going into spam already. I wish someone would reply to my email. Is it really that hard to fix something like this?

• Folks, please keep in mind that there are potentially millions of users that are affected, and the Akismet team must sort out the issues one by one. Akismet is a free service, as is WordPress.com (even if you are paying for certain features, the service itself is free).

If you submitted a request to the form at http://akismet.com/contact/ rest assured that the Akismet team is working on the issue.

• Yes I am Uk based too. This is getting RIDICULOUS! I had considered going pro with WordPress but I’ll be damned if I would now. They need to sort out their potential customer services or we will all be defecting to a more efficient platform.

• It is NOT a UK problem.

I was NOT in the UK when I reported the same problem 15 months ago.

If you think a day or two upset you, imagine 15 months?

• Along with many others I too am UK-based, though I sympathise with those who have had the same problem elsewhere for well over a year.
    I’ve today had a response from Nick Hanze from Akismet and have submitted a Test Form.

• @calmgrove, I submitted the test form on Friday and have heard nothing since. It would be nice to know that the form got through and that my name is on a list for fixing!

• Hi Everybody,

I wanted to pop in and offer an apology; I had responded in the thread linked previously with some incorrect information. The underlying issue is not isolated to the UK, and a little more digging on my part would have made that clear.

I’m sorry for passing on incomplete information, and I’m honestly feeling a bit sheepish about it. Please know that we are working to correct these issues, and we really do appreciate your patience.

• izit, at least one site which unspammed my previous comments seems to be accepting them now. But if, as saouderkirk tells us, the issue is not confined to the UK, we may be in for a long wait. Still, I’m sure they’re doing the best they can; and I’m sure they won’t like any more adverse PR.

• Hi all, I just wanted to reiterate that the Akismet team is actively working on fixing the issues with some comments incorrectly being identified as spam.

If anyone is still having trouble with their comments being marked as spam, please send an email to support@akismet.com (support AT akismet DOT com) as I mentioned earlier.

Thank you for your patience. I know it’s frustrating waiting for this to be sorted out and we appreciate your understanding.

• @mrscarmichael – the blockquote in my earlier comment is not what I said, but what saouderkirk (Staff) said in the forum thread that lanternroom linked to just above mine ( https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/why-am-i-not-able-to-post-comments). I quoted it to highlight the UK connection and indeed, apparently many people posting in this thread are based in the UK.

@luvsiesous2000- Are you still having a problem commenting and, if so, where are you located?

To everyone, yes, it is frustrating when you are caught as spam, but if you have gone through channels to contact support@akismet.com , I am sure you will agree that it is far better to let the Akismet support people take care of this problem rather than posting, but I will tag this for additional WordPress.com staff input.

• :) Needed to refresh before posting! Thanks kathryn!

• Groan….every comment vanishes. How much longer will it take? Little point blogging when we can only write on our own

• This problem has just started. I can’t comment on anything. Earlier, I spent at least ten minutes writing a detailed comment in response to a post. When I clicked submit, my comment vanished. It’s so frustrating! Any news of when this issue will be fixed??

• The topic ‘I can't seem to comment!’ is closed to new replies.