I accidentally disconnect my blog from my WordPress account. I can't get it back!

• Author

margarite72

My blog was having connections issues last night. I got a little error message that said, ‘This site cannot be accessed. Disconnect site.’ I thought it was just going to reboot it, so I clicked on it. Now when I click on My Site, WordPress tells me ‘You don’t have any WordPress sites yet.’

ismaeliea

Hi there!

I am so sorry but you are using the wrong forum center.
    You are on WordPress.com Forums, when you would need to be on WordPress.org forums.

The difference between WordPress.com forums and WordPress.org can be found here.

‘You don’t have any WordPress sites yet.’

That tells me that you may be using WordPress.org self hosted site.

You might want to contact your host and go to their support center and get more information.

The forum for WordPress.org can be found here.

Please tell me you are not using a self-hosted site, and if your using WordPress.com.

Thanks!
    Alisson

margarite72

I use Bluehost, and had live chat with them last night. The chat person told me that same thing, but my site has always gone through wordpress.com. He tried having me log into wordpress.org, but it didn’t work. He did his best, but couldn’t figure it out, either. He finally told to find a WordPress expert. So, here I am seeking experts.

Thanks for your help!

ismaeliea

Hi there!

Issues like this and the domains not working may need some assistance with Staff. I will tag this as Modlook so that staff could help you further. Please be paitent as they go through all requests.

Also, if you have a WordPress.com site, with the Personal Plan or above — you can have access to Live Chat Support, here.

Thanks!
    Alisson

margarite72

Thank you so much! I’m going to try to wordpress.org forum, too. I just want to fix my mistake. My blog is just taking off. I don’t want to lose momentum now.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

Your site was connected here using the Jetpack plugin.

Log into your site’s WP-Admin dashboard, click on Jetpack, and follow the steps there to reconnect. Once you’ve done that your site should appear in your WordPress.com account again.

For more help with this, you can reach Jetpack support here: https://jetpack.com/contact-support/?rel=support

They’ll be better able to help you than the WordPress.org forums with this particular issue.

margarite72

Thank you very much! I sent a help ticket to Jetpack Friday night. I’m still waiting to hear back from them. I did as you suggested and under Site Connection – Manage Your Connections it says I’m connected to WordPress and offers me the option to Stay Connected or Disconnect. I clicked Stay Connected, but it isn’t working. Should I click Disconnect and then try to reconnect? At this point, I’m really afraid of that Disconnect button.

kokkieh
    Staff

It looks like Jetpack was reconnected on your site a little while ago. Did you decide to go ahead and just try it?

Everything is looking good from our side now, though it looks like you might have some pending software, theme or plugin updates on your site. That should not prevent Jetpack from working, though.

margarite72

Yes. I logged onto the admin page, then went to Jetpack. I clicked on Disconnect under Site Connections. Then I clicked on Connect. I’m worried because it wanted me to buy another plan, and I prepaid for three years. I hope everything is okay. I am so happy to be connected to WordPress again! I publish my blog three days a week, and need to write my post tomorrow for publication on Tuesday.

Thank you so much for your help!

kokkieh
    Staff

I’m worried because it wanted me to buy another plan, and I prepaid for three years

I think you’re referring to your hosting plan with Bluehost. A Jetpack plan is something completely separate from that, and is completely optional – Jetpack plans add some additional security, backup and SEO features to your site, but the basic plugin works fine without any additional upgrades.

The topic ‘I accidentally disconnect my blog from my WordPress account. I can't get it back!’ is closed to new replies.