How to make the sidebar hidden on the blog page?

• Author

michikotd

How can I make the sidebar shown only on the home page? I’m using a free theme: Colinear by Automattic.

Hi there!

You can control which widgets are visible on which page. If no widgets are visible in the sidebar, the sidebar will also disappear.
    Here’s more information on how you can do that:

https://wordpress.com/support/widgets/#widget-visibility

• This reply was modified 1 month by  fresatomica. Reason: typo

musicdoc1

@fresatomica,

On the Colinear theme, when a sidebar widget area is empty, then the space that it would occupy remains the same, leaving an empty column, unless the option “No Sidebar” is checked at Customize > Theme Options.

@michikotd asks two antithetical questions:
    1. How to make the sidebar hidden on the blog page?
    2. How can I make the sidebar shown only on the home page?

So it’s not clear exactly what they want to do, but if it’s hiding the widgets in the sidebar widget area only on the blog page, then I presume they’ll also want to center the content of the blog page. I believe this would require custom CSS. That’s why, if I recall correctly, I added the “modlook” tag.

Another factor to consider is that Colinear has six optional layouts, and these include options with two sidebar widgets area.

musicdoc1

Correction:

I should have said “@michikotd asks two different questions, which are possible antithetical.” If the blog page and home page aren’t the same, then the two questions wouldn’t be contradictory.

The topic ‘How to make the sidebar hidden on the blog page?’ is closed to new replies.