How to make Kubrick post titles look O.K. in IE?

• Hi, this is my first post to the forum. I apologize in advance for any lapses in protocol.

I’m a typical rank CSS amateur with simple needs: monkeying with fonts, font-size, white space, etc. I’m using Kubrick for an online book, http://shadowcabinet.wordpress.com However, as soon as I increase the font size, the post-title (h2) begins to run afoul of the navigation links (which are one of the main reasons I chose Kubrick for this project) – that is to say, they squeeze it so it indents funny. This only happens in IE, not Firefox or Opera. It probably doesn’t help that I don’t know how those navigation links are defined in the stylesheet. I’ve been trying various things and reading online CSS tutorials, but I’m almost out of ideas. Can anyone help me out?

• I am kinda slow sonofbruce, but could you provide a URL of what you don’t have working and a quick explanation on that particular ‘page or post’ as I was looking around and don’t quite understand what is the problem! Told you, I am slow!

Trent

• Hi Trent. Well, obviously you have to be in Internet Explorer to see what I’m talking about, and then compare it with the same page in Firefox (or Opera, etc.) to see how I’d *like* things to look. Almost any post will demonstrate this, but ones with the longest titles look the worst, e.g. http://shadowcabinet.wordpress.com/2007/03/21/the-future-abbess-picks-spilled-lentils-off-the-countertop/

• It probably doesn’t help that I don’t know how those navigation links are defined in the stylesheet.
    Well, at least I figured that part out and found the navigation definition down at the very bottom of the Kubrick stylesheet…

• Rooting around on the web, I found out that this seems to be related to the Windows/IE “hasLayout” property, maybe. At any rate, changing “display:block” to “display:inline-block” under .navigation seems to have fixed the problem, aside from some excess white space that I’ll see about whittling away. I’ll change this to “resolved,” then – though if anyone here who actually knows something about CSS wishes to comment, I’d appreciate it.

• The topic ‘How to make Kubrick post titles look O.K. in IE?’ is closed to new replies.