How to import blogengine.net 3.1 BlogML.xml file

• Author

jshook

I need some guidance on how to format my exported blogengine.net base blog so I can import it.

FYI: I will be upgrading to my own domain name.

Thanks for any help.

The blog I need help with is hobofishing.wordpress.com.

timethief

You must have an XML export file to be able to import it.
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/import/

jshook

My sentence was not clear. I do have an exported BlogML.xml file.

I have tried two times to import it.

timethief

Then please type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for Staff help. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Then please subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

jshook

Thank you for the info.

jshook

Any traction on this issue?

Do I need to do something different to get support?

timethief

Do I need to do something different to get support?

No. This thread is in a the queue for Staff assistance. All you need to do is be patient as Staff work their way forward through all threads tagged for their help from the earliest threads tagged based on datestamps to the most recent ones.

rachelmcr
    Staff

Hi there,

WordPress.com doesn’t have an importer that works with BlogML files — you’ll need to convert that into the same format as one of the services that WordPress.com supports, mentioned on the Import support page. (For example, if you can convert the BlogML file into a WordPress export file, you can use the WordPress importer to import it here.)

Please let me know if you have any questions about that. :)

jshook

OK, I finally got back to this. And thanks for you comment.

I uploaded all my images first. Then I converted my BlogML file to a WordPress file. I imported the file. Then I realized It was not correct. I have many wrong image urls. I tried to reimport but it does not seem to respect the reimport. The urls are not updated. Is there a technique I am missing? I would like to re-import the file and replace the existing content without deleting the blog.

jshook

I figured it out. Delete the posts in bulk from the Posts menu item.

The topic ‘How to import blogengine.net 3.1 BlogML.xml file’ is closed to new replies.