How to edit links under post title

• Author

patricec08

I’m editing a wordpress site started by someone else. Under the titles of each post there appears a line consisting of:
    (Lock icon) “Patrice Cosier ” (folder icon) “Articles – Sleep Research and more” (text balloon icon) “Leave a comment”

Each is an active link.

How do I edit them? They don’t appear anywhere on the “Edit Post” page. (That I can find).

The blog I need help with is lilypondlanemusic.wordpress.com.

We would need a link to the site you are talking about, but in general, those links are all dynamically created by the wordpress and theme software. To go any further we need the link to the site you are talking about.

patricec08

Thanks for the reply. Here’s a link to one of the post pages:

http://warmhearthmusic.com/2011/07/20/positive-bedtime-rituals-for-optimal-sleep/

Once again, I want to edit the links below the post title. The person who created the blog site can’t remember anything about how the links got there. I can’t find anything in the “help” topics that mentions them. Hard to believe they were created by WordPress, one of them links to an outside url.

timethief

Are these static page tabs what you mean?
    Home
    About the Composer
    Listen to Good Night Lullabies
    Lullaby Endorsements
    Articles on Sleep and Lullabies
    Christmas Music

timethief

If the Page tabs in the horizontal menu is what you mean then these will be helpful:
    page vs post
    edit page
    custom menu

timethief

Oh dear. You said under post title and I apologize. You mean these > Patrice Cosier Articles – Sleep Research and more Leave a comment
    those can’t be hidden without a custom design upgrade and I don’t know for sure if they can be with one. thescacredpath will reply to you. He helps with CSS.

patricec08

Thanks for trying.

I don’t want to hide them. I do want to change at least one of the links. I have to believe there’s a way to do that without an upgrade. Also seems unlikely that it requires CSS, but I can do that if I can figure out where to edit it.

You would have to have access to the theme PHP script files, and we do not have that level of access. You would also of course have to have at least a moderate knowledge of PHP scripting.

It is not something that can be done with CSS. CSS is a styling document the browsers use to style and place elements of a web page. It cannot be used to add or change functionality.

1tess
    Moderator Emeritus

If it is the author’s link you want to change, then you will have to transfer that blog (warm hearth) to another email address so the link will go only to all your posts on http://warmhearthmusic.com/

1tess
    Moderator Emeritus

Here is the support document about transferring a blog to “another user” (which will be you with a different account/email addy).
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/#transferring-your-blog-to-another-user-or-account

The topic ‘How to edit links under post title’ is closed to new replies.