how to continue my files from a cpanel web hosting company LampNetworks

• Author

I am presently with C panel hosting Lampnetworks and they are closing operation.
    My Domain Name is: thepanoramapoint.com
    My website is: thepanoramapoint.wordpress.com
    How do I continue with my website after closing of Lampnetworks?
    Do I still continue to make and add index and photo files to my website as usual?

macmanx
    Staff

You can transfer your existing site to WordPress.com following this guide: https://transferto.wordpress.com/self-hosted-wordpress-org/migrate-from-self-hosted/

To Macmanz,

Since I have my Domain Name: thepanoramapoint.com
    And my website is a wordpress site: thepanoramapoint.wordpress.com

Do I have to do anything to continue using my website after the closing of LampNetworks?

Can I continue to make and add index and photo files to my website as usual with file transfer to my website?

Since it has been 10-12 years since I originally created this website with gofreeserve and then to LampNetworks I don’t know all the details involved for a working website. Reading through wordpress I don’t see any costs for the domain name or my wordpress.com site.

Would you review my info and get back to me if other requirements or a fee needs to be paid?

If I could talk on the phone with tech support that would be helpful. Is there a phone number for wordpress tech support|?
    My home phone number is: [redacted]
    Thanks,

Sidney (Sid) Hamm

• This reply was modified 1 month by  fstat. Reason: Phone redacted

fstat
    Staff

Hi there,

Please note that your domain (thepanoramapoint.com) and your WordPress.com site (thepanoramapoint.wordpress.com) are not associated.

Are you looking at pointing that domain to that WordPress.com site?

kokkieh
    Staff

Copied from https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/reply-to-fstat-on-my-thepanoramapoint-wordpress-com-wewbsite/:

The lampNetworks C panel web hosting I am with is closing.

No, I’m not not looking that the domain point to the wordpress.com site.
    Is there any advantage or reason to do that?The naming was just done this way.

I am trying to determine if I have to do anything else to continue to use the website from wordpress?
    .Can I continue to make and add index and photo files to my website as usual with file transfer to my website?

Thanks…Sid

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10:36:10 AM CDT, Sidney Hamm wrote:

Hi,
    No, I’m not not looking that the domain point to the wordpress.com site.Is there any advantage or reason to do that?The naming was just done this way.
    I am trying to determine if I have to do anything else to continue to use the website from wordpress?.Can I continue to make and add index and photo files to my website as usual with file transfer to my website?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.