How To Change The Order of Portfolio Projects

• Author

made4praize

Hello. I’m trying to figure out how to change the portfolio order for the Dara Theme? I would like my most recent project to display first.

I created a blog post and added a shortcode to see if it was the correct code; I got the results I wanted. However, I cannot figure out how to make the change to the portfolio area. When I add new projects, I still have to stroll down to the bottom of the page to see the most recent project.

Why is it showing up correctly in a blog post with the code I used, but not when I add to portfolio? How can I change that? Help!

Thanks in advance:)

The blog I need help with is instrumentofpraize.net.

vinnykaur
    Staff

Hi there,

By default the portfolio projects are shown as the most recent first, just like the blog posts.

Check here:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/portfolios/#adding-and-managing%C2%A0portfolio-projects

Have you added any shortcode to your portfolio?
    Can you share your portfolio link to your website that you need help with?

Thanks!

made4praize

Hello Vinny. Yes, I read the whole entire page and then some before contacting WP. I did not add any shortcode to the portfolio or the page I have my projects on. But, as I mentioned, I did a blog post to see try a shortcode I wrote (with instructions from WP support page) to see if it would give me the results I wanted and it did! So, I don’t know what the issue is.

This is my gallery link:
    https://instrumentofpraize.net/project-type-gallery/

Here’s the blog post I wrote with the short code I info I got from:
    https://instrumentofpraize.net/2019/03/08/portfolio/

Honestly, I’m looking at the web address and I’m wondering if that is a clue???

vinnykaur
    Staff

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.
    I see your blog post and I see your portfolio page.

What is the shortcode that you applied to your blog post?

I tried to replicate this in my test site using Dara theme.
    Can you please try the below shortcode in your page to add portfolio projects in descending(most recent) order:
    [portfolio order=DESC]

This worked for me and I got the projects in descending order.

Hope this helps!
    Let me know how it goes! :)

Thanks!

made4praize

Haaa! Vinny, I truly don’t know why or how that happened. After I put in the code you gave, it’s in the correct order. Then, I deleted it and put in the code I was using and now it’s magically working. This is the code I was using on the post:

[portfolio display_types=true display_tags=true display_project_ content=false order=DESC]

A little extra. I like your version better. [portfolio order=DESC]

Thanks for all of your help and working with me. Have a blessed weekend:)

vinnykaur
    Staff

Glad to know that this worked out for you.
    There might be some browser caching issue and that’s why you weren’t getting the correct order. But I am just guessing that :)

Thanks and have a wonderful your weekend ahead! :)

made4praize

Oh. Okay:)

The topic ‘How To Change The Order of Portfolio Projects’ is closed to new replies.