How to change domain name?

• Hello!
    I wanted to make a blog with wordpress with the url wnstarx.wordpress.com. However, the wordpress.com option wasn’t available when I register for a new site so I choose anstarx.home.blog.
    After completing the registration I realized that I can change the domain name to anstarx.wordpress.com by changing the site address in domain setting. And yet, the change site address button is always grey and unclickable whatever I do.
    Is there anything I need to do before I can change the address? Also, is it no longer possible to choose wordpress.com option when opening new site? I want a side blog for content not suitable for the main blog but still couldn’t find the worpress.com option anywhere

Thanks for any help!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Oops I just realized that I just need to type the site name again. Nevermind lol!
    But I would still like to now how to select wordpress.com since the beginning tho.

• Hi there!

I’m glad you were able to change the site address.
    Now, the suggestions that you see depends on what type of site you’re creating. If you’re not happy with any of them, you can type the full address, including the .wordpress.com extension right into the domain name box.

I hope that makes sense :)

• The topic ‘How to change domain name?’ is closed to new replies.