How to add article on another website to my post page

• Author

coldwell44

So I have an article on another website that I’d like to have appear on my wordpress.com site – on my page with all my other posts. But when they click on this post it takes them to the other website.

Currently, what I’ve done is add a new post with a featured image and title. This appears just like my other posts. Then when they click on the post they see a sentence that says: “check out my article here” and I hyperlinked it.

Not ideal.

I want people who are on my “posts” page to see all my articles with the featured image. In this instance, when they click on the featured image they would go directly to the external website on the page the blog is written.

Is this possible? I’m not sure what this is called so had trouble finding support on the forums. :) Cheers.

The blog I need help with is whirledtripdotcom.wordpress.com.

coldwell44

It Would also be great if my blog post would pull through the image from the external website – their feature image of the article.

aleone89
    Staff

Hello there,

Many thanks for reaching out.

I want people who are on my “posts” page to see all my articles with the featured image. In this instance, when they click on the featured image they would go directly to the external website on the page the blog is written.

This is possible and is known as a site redirect.

To do this, you would probably need something like this plugin here: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/page-links-to/

In order to run this plugin the site would need to been on the business plan.

It Would also be great if my blog post would pull through the image from the external website – their feature image of the article.

With requirement in mind, and coupled with the above, you may wish to consider creating a manual page, that looks like a blog feed, but with the images linking to the required site.

I hope this helps.

coldwell44

Thank you. I’ve just migrated my website over to wordpress.org so not sure if this still applies?

What I’m looking to do is get my published work on another website to appear on my on blog. I’ve read having both articles on the web hurts SEO?

So my best option I guess is to have a link from my blog page (I”d like to post a picture and headline on my own page and have a link to an external site where my article was published.
    I’ll play around, if your comments still apply to wordpress.org or if you have another idea please let me know.

jcusitar

If you’ve migrated the site over to WordPress.org, then you can probably try out the plugin @aleone89 suggested.

Unfortunately, it also means that we can’t help you on these forums anymore, as these forums are for sites hosted at WordPress.com. You can find help at WordPress.org using this link: https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

The topic ‘How to add article on another website to my post page’ is closed to new replies.