How to add a cover with shawburn theme

• Author

leonfrexen

Hello,

I use the theme shawburn. And I would like to add a cover (like you can see it on their demo site). https://wordpress.com/theme/shawburn/gedankenimstrudel.home.blog

But the problem is that I do not know how. I do not have a static site like them.

Could you please help me?

Thanky you very much in advance!

Kind regards

musicdoc1

Hi,

Two steps:

1. Set your homepage as a static page, as described in the Set a Static “Home” Page (Front Page) support page.

2. Insert a cover block and add an image to it as described in the Cover Block support page.

leonfrexen

Hi musicdoc1,

thanks for your answer. Actually, I do not want to set a static page because I want to see my current articles on the first page. So I thought that the description does not fit to my problem. If I am wrong, I am sorry. But I am a totally noob in wordpress right now.

musicdoc1

Okay. Well, some themes have a header image feature, where the header image will display on the homepage (and elsewhere if desired) regardless of whether the homepage is set to display the latest posts or a static page. Shawburn, like a lot of the newer WordPress.com themes, doesn’t offer the header image feature. That’s why a cover block is used to create what acts as a header image on the homepage of the Shawburn demo.

One alternative that would allow both a cover block/cover image and the latest posts on the homepage with Shawburn applied would be to insert both a Cover Block (with cover image) and a Blog Posts Block into a static homepage.

musicdoc1

It’s not possible to add a cover block to the blog page (aka posts page) because the blog page doesn’t have an editor.

leonfrexen

Hey musicdoc1,

thanks very much!

musicdoc1

You’re welcome!

The topic ‘How to add a cover with shawburn theme’ is closed to new replies.