how do I change the font spacing on my blog

• Reading my posts is obnoxious for the eye.

How do I shift this so there is a wider spae between lines and new paragraphs?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @foodmoneysexbyonyx.

When I look at your site I can see that the text on your posts seems to be nested inside many html <div> tags, rather than <p> (paragraph) tags, which is causing part of your display issue.

Looking at the code, there is a class applied to the text (_1mf _1mj) that isn’t defined on your blog. That has me wondering – are you copying and pasting the text into the posts in the editor? Maybe from facebook? Let me know if that’s the case and we can look at how to correct it.

I think that if we can remove that extra unnecessary html, your text will be far more readable with correct spacing between lines and paragraphs.

• yes that’s exactly it. as well as from other sources

What do I do next?

• Okay, glad we narrowed it down a bit.

In the Visual Editor in WordPress there is an option called “Paste as Text.” When you paste text into the editor using that option a process will run to remove any special formatting and HTML tags.

There is more info on how this works on the support page for the Visual Editor:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/visual-editor/#pasting-text

Using Paste as Text is a good start, but I don’t know that it will remove all the extra HTML that you are seeing. I’ve been testing it a bit on my end, and it doesn’t seem to remove the extra div tags like you are seeing.

What I was able to do in my test to fix the issue with existing posts was this:

1. Open a post on the site and copy the post’s text to the clipboard.
    2. Start a new post, and paste the copied text into the visual editor. When you paste the copied text into the editor you should be getting the text only, not the extra HTML tags. You can check this by clicking on the “HTML” tab below your post title in the editor. If it worked correctly you should see the text without all the <div> tags.
    3. After pasting the text you may need to re-style some of your content that is bold or has bullet points.

Using this method will create a second post that is a correctly formatted duplicate of the post you copied it from. You will need to go back and delete the original incorrectly formatted post once you verify your results.

Once you have tested the process and verified that it is working you can use the same method to edit the existing posts without creating new ones by coping the text and then editing the post directly.

• The topic ‘how do I change the font spacing on my blog’ is closed to new replies.