How can I set up third-party advertising at my blogs?

• Author

adeptpress

The page says no applications for WordAds are being considered. How long will this be the case? In the meantime, is any organized/automated advertising possible? I understand what kinds are not allowed. I’d like to know what kinds are allowed besides negotiating and laboriously posting ads one by one myself.

The blog I need help with is adeptpress.wordpress.com.

galois

I understand what kinds are not allowed. I’d like to know what kinds are allowed besides negotiating and laboriously posting ads one by one myself

Advertising:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/advertising/
    Affiliate Links:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/affiliate-links/

auxclass

While the links reference third party ad networks, you can’t sell your own ads either or have display ads (images etc)

adeptpress

Again, I do not want feedback about what is not allowed. I understand that. I want specific, step by step instructions about what is allowed. I’m checking out the links now to see.

adeptpress

All right, this is exactly what I didn’t want. I have been to these pages multiple times. All they do (for my purposes) is send me to WordAds, which, when I click “apply for WordAds,” says that no applications are being considered at this time. The promotion for WordAds is all very exciting but means nothing when it ends in that brick wall.

Again: never mind what I cannot do. I can’t do third-party ads like GoogleSense oranything like that, I get it. And now, apparently, I cannot apply for WordAds because (despite much encouragement and description in those links) it’s not being done.

I’m forced to conclude that WordAds effectively no longer exists and therefore NO advertising is possible unless I sell space to clients completely on my own. That would not be a functional way to monetize a blog; the idea is to set up space that others fill and collect money without effort beyond doing the blog itself.

I’d like a direct answer. Is there, or is there not, an automated method of monetizing my WordPress blog available? (assume for this question that I’d upgrade my blog to the required level, given such a requirement)

auxclass

The WordAds program is alive and working, but it is being reworked and that is why they are not accepting applications at this point. You can try asking over at the WordAds section and see if they have a schedule.

The only upgrade you can do that lets you sell your own ads is the VIP program and that starts around $20,000/year so I doubt you would be interested in that since it is designed for heavy traffic sites and companies like CNN

No there is no automated way to monetize your site – the only options are as noted above

Please also note

unless I sell space to clients completely on my own.

is also not allowed

Sorry the answers are not what you want – you can move your site to a WordPress.ORG install with your own host and put as many ads as you want on your site and use AdSense and other networks

Yes, it is not allowed to attach any ads, but if you want you may migrate to hosting company, exactly like what i did a year ago.

The topic ‘How can I set up third-party advertising at my blogs?’ is closed to new replies.