I just downloaded FileZilla to move the info I have at wordpress.com to a webhotel. I am asked to login to FileZilla with the host name… What is my host?
The blog I need help with is biomedicinskanalytiker.org.
This blog is hosted by WordPress.COM http://biomedicinskanalytiker.org/
There is no FTP access to WordPress.com blogs.
To move the content requires creating an XML export file.
Summary of steps to move to WordPress.org:
WordPress.com and WordPress.org are completely separate.
1. Hire a web host and purchase a domain http://wordpress.org/hosting/
3. To move your content you need to create an XML export file of your content. It will not include the theme and widgets as they cannot be exported. Export your content out of your WordPress.com blog http://en.support.wordpress.com/export/ and import it into the install.
4. WordPress.com is the top level domain here and all blogs hosted by WordPress.com are on .wordpress.com sub-domains. Purchase a site redirect upgrade from wordpress.com
http://en.support.wordpress.com/site-redirect/ or if you have domain mapping then see here http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/move-domain/#change-name-servers-to-point-the-domain-outside-of-wordpress-com and here http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/move-domain/
5. Transfer subscribers See http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/moving-your-subscribers/
6. Set your wordpress.com blog visibility to private. To change blog visibility to private go to > Settings > Reading scroll to Blog Visibility and choose option 3 . See the guide here http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/
Alternatively you can purchase a Guided Transfer and Staff will do the move and set up for you http://en.support.wordpress.com/guided-transfer/
WordPress.com and WordPress.org have different log-ins and run different versions of themes with same names. If you don’t have a username account at WordPress.ORG click http://wordpress.org/support/ and register one on the top right hand corner of the page that opens, so you can post to the support forums there and receive advice from WordPress.ORG bloggers.
Thanks. I have a domain at biomedicinskanalytiker.org
I bought a webhotel at city network.
So I want to move from biomedicinskanalytiker.wordpress.com (or biomedicinskanalytiker.org) to citynetwork i guess? Do I really need to involve wordpress.org in this?
I will ned a lot of help in this, so please stay with me :-)
The topic ‘Host?’ is closed to new replies.