The answer to your question is: Yes but you require either a Premium upgrade or a Business Plan upgrade https://wordpress.com/pricing/ to edit the CSS on any site hosted by WordPress.com.
Note 1: If you have the required upgrade you can use this link https://en.forums.wordpress.com/forum/css-customization#postform so you can create a thread that will appear in the CSS Forum where you will get the help you need with CSS editing.
Note 2: You can also post there prior to purchasing an upgrade to get an answer to whether or not what you want to do can be accomplished via CSS editing.
More to the point is the fact that you are spamdexing ie tag spamming.
All reasons for non-appearance of posts on Topics pages and in the WordPress.com Reader can be found here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/topics/#missing-posts
1. You are using too many categories or tags. In most cases, there’s no need to assign more than a handful of tags per post. If you use more than 15 tags and categories (total), your posts will not appear on tag pages (because you don’t want to see irrelevant content showing up there, and neither do we).
You need to edit the posts https://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/#go-back-and-edit-posts and remove the excess tags/categories.
Try these steps to remove the tags from your post.
- Open your Dashboard for the Bookish Owlette site.
- Next to the word “Themes” there is a button that says “Customize.” Select that button.
- Select “Content Options”
- Under “Post Details,” deselect “Display tags”
- Select “Save and Publish” at the top of that window
Does that remove the tags the way you want?
Thanks for helping out here, @jessestu. :)
@bookishowlette: You could also consider switching to one of the newer themes that supports Content Options. Canard and Gazette are two magazine-style themes that you might like. If you’re open to switching themes, I’d be happy to offer other suggestions too.
Thank you for all your suggestions.
@timethief Thanks for the heads up! I actually had no idea that I was spamdexing, since I’m relatively a new user. And this explains so much! ^^
@siobhyb Thnx for the suggestions.Even though I really love my current one, I’ll start looking into other themes.
The topic ‘Hide tags’ is closed to new replies.