help understanding error log entry

• My site keeps crashing every 5-7 days. I fix it by uploading a working copy of htaccess file. There are a ton of the same error message in the error_log but I’m not certain what it means. Can any tech experts PLEASE help me to understand what is broken?

Here is what copy of the error:

[02-Feb-2023 15:33:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function WP_Widget::__construct(), 0 passed in /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-widget-factory.php on line 61 and at least 2 expected in /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php:162
    Stack trace:

0 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-widget-factory.php(61): WP_Widget->__construct()

1 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php(115): WP_Widget_Factory->register(‘solopine_about_…’)

2 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-content/themes/rosemary/inc/widgets/about_widget.php(9): register_widget(‘solopine_about_…’)

3 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): solopine_about_load_widget(”)

4 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)

5 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(476): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)

6 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php(1854): do_action(‘widgets_init’)

7 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): wp_widgets_init(”)

8 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)

9 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(476): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)

10 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-settings.php(598): do_action(‘init’)

11 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-config.php(85): require_once(‘/home4/reachppy…’)

12 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘/home4/reachppy…’)

13 /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘/home4/reachppy…’)

14 /home4/reachppy/public_html/index.php(17): require(‘/home4/reachppy…’)

15 {main}

thrown in /home4/reachppy/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php on line 162

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• this is a snip from line 61 in class-wp-widget-factory

this is a snip from line 162 in class-wp-widget…

• Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you’re running into issues. However, it sounds like you’re using the self-hosted version of WordPress using WordPress.org. We can help with WordPress.com sites on this forum.

There are some differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. If you aren’t sure about them, please check the following page that explains it well: WordPress.com vs WordPress.org.

Please post on the WordPress.org support forum to get help with your WordPress.org site. Folks there can help you with the issue you’re facing once you share the details there.

• The topic ‘help understanding error log entry’ is closed to new replies.