Help removing author of pages under title

• Hi there, wanting to remove the ‘by [author name]’ under the titles of pages? Found a thread for how to remove the creation date of pages which worked fine, just need help with this one now. Thanks :)

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi boldlyshe you can use customizer to add custom css. You should add this in your code:

.entry-meta {
    display: none;
    }

which will remove all the meta info from your title.

alternatively you can only remove the author by adding:

.entry-meta .cat-links, .entry-meta .byline .author {
    }

Hope this helps! :)

• i don’t want to remove meta info from the titles of my posts, just pages. is there code for that sorry?

and also, with this theme currently the body text of my posts and pages is wrapping words by hyphenating and breaking up the word as a whole, and sending half of it to the next line. it just makes it difficult for reading. am i able to change this?

thank you :)

• i don’t want to remove meta info from the titles of my posts, just pages. is there code for that sorry?

and also, with this theme currently the body text of my posts and pages is wrapping words by hyphenating and breaking up the word as a whole, and sending half of it to the next line. it just makes it difficult for reading. am i able to change this?

thank you :)

• Hi there, on static pages, such as Readings, I’m not seeing any author or metadata of any sort. Can you give us a link to the pages where you wish to remove the author?

On the hyphenation, the following should take care of it for you.

.word-wrap, body {
        -moz-hyphens: none;
        hyphens: none;
        word-break: normal;
    }
  • hi thanks for your help but i’m sorry, on ‘Readings’ the heading is still saying ‘by Boldly She’ when i view it (have tried on multiple devices/browsers, logged out etc); and also i just tried that code above and it had no effect on the hyphenation. thanks!

• hi thanks for your help but i’m sorry, on ‘Readings’ the heading is still saying ‘by Boldly She’ when i view it (have tried on multiple devices/browsers, logged out etc); and also i just tried that code above and it had no effect on the hyphenation. thanks!

• How about you try this:

To remove the span with authors name, write:

.byline {
    }

you also have a separator there, to “remove” it add:

.edit-link-separator {
    }

let me know if that had any effect.

• @baldfreud, sheesh, many thanks for catching that. Not sure how I missed the metadata there.

• thanks so much!! that’s fixed the headings on pages :)

now just having trouble with the hyphenation / wrapped body text. any ideas?

appreciate your help!

• I don’t see this code that I gave you above in your custom CSS. This is what stops the hyphenation.

.word-wrap, body {
    }
  • hi, yes i removed it from the custom css as it was not working. have added it again now but still doesn’t take effect?

sorry! thank you very much for your help! :)

• Oops, I am so sorry, we need to add another line to the above. Replace it with this.

.word-wrap,body {
        -webkit-hyphens: none;
    }

I forgot to include the Safari/Chrome specific rule (-webkit-hyphens).

• thank you! perfect!

• Hooray and you are welcome!

• The topic ‘Help removing author of pages under title’ is closed to new replies.