Hel: Can’t seem to create submenu

• Author

barryb64

Okay, I am new with this. I am converting my old web site into a blog. Thought the blog format would be better suited to what I want to do. Here is my problem. I’ve created the top tier pages (menu)and so far so good. When creating submenus, I can’t seem to do it. I did make Stories, a parent to a nother page. I’ve even experimented with Attribute an sucess.

The most I could do is get “I’m an Original” to appear as a top tier menu item. What am I doing wrong? Does the template I’m using allow for this? Is there a different way?

Here is what I’m striving for. Ideally, I want the visitor to go to the main Stories page and find a selection of stories to read. Choose one and read it. I want them to have ready access to the various stories and not have to back to the top level, all the time.

Thanks in advance.

The blog I need help with is insppoint.wordpress.com.

barryb64

Uh oh, I thought my blog site would be included. Here it is: http://insppoint.wordpress.com/

aw1923

That theme doesn’t allow for submenus. The best you can do is enter the links manually in the page or add the page widget to the sidebar.

barryb64

Use the Page widget? I saw it, but haven’t really used it.

aw1923

um…yup, its a page widget, it just lists the pages and subpages you have. Give it go as I’m sure it’ll be helpful.

barryb64

It is helpful. Can I change the look of the font, as it looks small? If I didn’t have ZoomText, a screen magnification software, I’d have a hard time reading it. Yes, it is up on the site, now.

aw1923

nope, you cant change the font size without the CSS upgrade. Thats apart of the theme, so I’d recommend changing to a theme that has bigger font or buy the CSS upgrade.

barryb64

The main reason for the theme is it clea look. What is needed is a theme that goes well with the image header. Yes, I still would like to have submenues

By the way, how much for the upgrade?

aw1923

It’s only $15 per year

I’d recommend the following themes but you might have to increase or reduce the size of the header,
    try out
    Blix, Cutline, K2-lite, Kubrick, PressRow.

HTH

If you don’t like the default look, you can remove the pages widget and write links to your pages in a text widget instead. Then you can format them any way you like. Same thing for the blogroll.

barryb64

Well, I found a template that looks nice with my stuff: http://insppoint.wordpress.com/ .

Though, I couldn’t get the submenu thing, the Page Widget looks a whole lot better.

I haven’t looked at the text widget. Was not sure of what it is for.

barryb64

I am going to consider this thing resolved. The current look of the site is a vast improvement over the original look. It helped that I located a nice photo that didn’t have text.

I believe that I came up with a nice workaround for Inspiration Point – http://insppoint.wordpress.com

The topic ‘Hel: Can’t seem to create submenu’ is closed to new replies.