Getting visitors from "European Union"

• Author

What does this mean? Does it mean their IP cannot be tracked to a specific country?

In my Visitors Page, it says that I am getting hits from European Union, as well as specific nations.

The blog I need help with is backpackerlee.wordpress.com.

timethief

I’m sorry I am unable to answer this. I tagged this thread for Staff assistance. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

Hi,

You’re exactly correct – the European Union statistic refers to visitors that our geolocation provider believes are in the European Union but cannot be tracked to a specific country.

timethief

@jeremeylduvall
    I thought so – bookmarked!

davidderrick

So how would they have been logged previously, I wonder? Thanks.

@davidderrick & @timethief (for more info),

We recently made some changes to the stats page. In the previous version, the EU code wasn’t an available item so I don’t believe the users would have been logged under the country list. However, EU is an option in the new list hence why you’re seeing the new items.

timethief

@jeremeylduvall
    Thanks for that added information.

theo48

I wonder why “happiness engineer” responses always make me unhappy …

timethief

You have your answer so what more do you want?

I guess ‘European Union’ is a way to hide your country of origin or your IP. Am I right?

I guess ‘European Union’ is a way to hide your country of origin or your IP. Am I right?

This just means that our geolocation service believes the user is in the European Union, but they can’t pinpoint exactly what country. Not trying to intentionally hide any countries on your stats page!

As the original issue has been resolved, I’m going to close this thread. However, if you have any new questions regarding the stats page, you can open a new thread here:

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/?new=1

The topic ‘Getting visitors from "European Union"’ is closed to new replies.