Gallery caption

• Author

Hi there,

I’m trying to get a caption below my images in a gallery, or at least have the caption with a white background and black text. Would that be possible at all?

I’m aware I can do the images individually and have the caption below them, but there are too many images.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The blog I need help with is glendafhydler.wordpress.com.

deancroyal
    Staff

Hi there – Is there a specific gallery on a page of your site that you could link us to that would give us a better idea of what you’re looking for? Thanks!

supernovia
    Staff

Thanks. I currently see a caption (white on a dark overlay) on each image.

You mentioned you don’t want to adjust all of them — would you be willing to fix one image (the first one for example) so we can see what you have in mind?

supernovia
    Staff

Actually I take it back. I see text on some images but not all.

Please do set one the way you have in mind so we can know what you’re hoping for. Thanks in advance!

I’m trying to get a caption below my images in a gallery, or at least have the caption with a white background and black text. So, not the gray and white.

I made a tab that says “test”. It shows what I would like; however, doing them all one by one would take up too much time. I was wondering if it is possible to adjust the caption appearance with the gallery instead of putting up each image individually and adding a paragraph block below them.

aleone89
    Staff

Hello there,

You should be able to add a gallery caption at the very bottom as seen here:

I just want to check, are you seeing the same thing there?

Which regards to changing the colour from grey to black, this could be achieved with some CSS, but in order to run that CSS, the site would need to be on the premium plan.

I hope this helps.

Hi there,

It’s not the gallery caption that I want. What I’d like is a caption below each image inside the gallery, similar to what is in the “Test” tab.

macmanx
    Staff

Positioning of the caption is controlled by the theme.

You can modify this via CSS: https://wordpress.com/support/custom-design/custom-css/

But, you might want to try a different theme instead: https://wordpress.com/themes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.