Force-Hide Excerpt / Show Custom Metadescription (Free WP; Twenty Twenty theme)

• I’m trying to customize my meta-descriptions and/or force-hide my excerpts without non-HTML code or plugins (because it’s a free account). IS THIS POSSIBLE?

More about the issue:

• I’m basically trying to use the Excerpt feature to add a meta-description to each of my posts. Everything looks great on my Posts pages, but on the individual post itself the whole excerpt shows up in the header in a huge font!
    • What I’d like to do is INCLUDE a customized excerpt for my feed (not just the first 55 characters of the post) but HIDE it on the individual posts.
    • According to WP Support, the display settings for Excerpts are determined by your Theme. I tried all the customization options and Support suggestions to no avail.
    • My account: Free, so no custom code (unless it’s HTML) and no plugins
    • My theme: Twenty Twenty

Thanks in advance! :) #Resources4Revolution @us4revolution

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

but on the individual post itself the whole excerpt shows up in the header in a huge font!

On a test site with Twenty Twenty applied I obtained what is likely the same surprising result on single posts. Although the excerpt appears below the title, the font is heading or subheading size. Excerpts displaying on single posts is certainly unusual. If it’s is not due to design error, then I’d guess the idea might have been to let custom excerpts function as a subheadings, everywhere: blog, archives, and single posts.

The large font size is rather peculiar. I found that the font size doesn’t respond to changes in base font size at Customize, and only responds to Headings font modification if there are H tags in the HTML code of the excerpt.

Staff may have a suggestion that I’ve overlooked, so I’ll call for them. Staff will respond here ASAP>

• Hi there,

Twenty Twenty is designed to show custom excerpts as subtitles on the single posts page. The theme does not include an option to disable this.

So the only options here are to hide the excerpt via CSS (requires the Premium Plan), or using a plugin (requires Business).

The theme does allow you to show your custom excerpts on the posts page and archive pages, instead of the full text of the post, though. You can enable that in the Customizer under Theme Options.

• The topic ‘Force-Hide Excerpt / Show Custom Metadescription (Free WP; Twenty Twenty theme)’ is closed to new replies.