Font size Fixed by theme?

• Author

mgbennett5

Hello, I’m using theme Twenty Eleven

When editing text and headings (Title of page) on my site the font size seems to be dictated by the size set in the “Customize…..Fonts” settings. When editing a page, switching to a different heading size changes the font on the editing page but when I update and view the actual page there is no change.

I can change the colour in the body of the page but in the heading, that seems fixed as well. Not sure if I’m missing something or if it’s just a limitation of the theme/free version WP that I’m using.

Why does the editing page look nothing like the actual page? There’s a lot of back and forth to try to get things to look right. Photos and headings line up nicely and in the actual page they don’t.

I can’t see where to attach a screen cap.

Thank you
    Michael

The blog I need help with is mgbchoralmusic.com.

justjennifer

Hi there, you can upload a screen capture to any public image hosting service like Snag.gy, Droplr or CloudApp and then share the link here.

About changes in the Customizer, when you change the font size under Fonts, make sure your button at the top says Publish rather than Save Draft. That will immediately publish any changes you’ve made to your site. https://en.support.wordpress.com/customizer/

Let us know if you have any other questions about this.

mgbennett5

I have publish selected. The big issue though is the font size on pages.

When editing text and headings (Title of page) on my site the font size seems to be dictated by the size set in the “Customize…..Fonts” settings. When editing a page, switching to a different heading size changes the font on the editing page but when I update and view the actual page there is no change.
    I can change the colour in the body of the page but in the heading, that seems fixed as well. Not sure if I’m missing something or if it’s just a limitation of the theme/free version WP that I’m using.

Michael

The topic ‘Font size Fixed by theme?’ is closed to new replies.