font issue

• hey! i’m having a little trouble setting a different font to a certain div class.

the numbers (nº1, nº2…) and sub-titles (pensamento originário, vigência do poética…) of this post for instance: https://revistausina.com/2016/01/31/emmanuel-carneiro-leao/

are set as div class numerox and divclass titulox, but when i try to affect it by using this code:

.numerox a {
    	font-family: "lft-etica-display-web", "lft-etica-display-web-1", 'Open Sans', sans-serif;
    	font-size: 150%;
    	font-weight: 200;
    }

.titulox p {
    	font-family: "lft-etica-display-web", "lft-etica-display-web-1", 'Open Sans', sans-serif;
    	font-size: 130%;
    }

it keeps changing to ‘open sans’…

why is that? i’d guess that maybe i don’t have that font installed, but it doesn’t make sense, since the menus and other main titles are with this font.

any help is appreciated

thanks a lot

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, I checked at Customize > CSS, and also in my web inspector on that post, and I see Open Sans in the two CSS rules you referenced. Did you get this figured out?

• Not really…. Any ideas why the code doesn’t work? Or how to overwrite OpenSans with the font assigned? Also when I inspect it after applying the CSS seems like my code is overwritten by something else idk why :/

• It looks like the

.wf-active .entry-content p {
    font-family: "Open Sans",sans-serif;

is overwriting the

.titulox p {

Any way I can fix that?

• Ah, ok, in I was not seeing that in my inspector originally. wf-active means there was, or is a custom font set for that stuff, and it will override the stuff put into the CSS (custom font styling takes precedence. We need to have the .wf-active preceeding the titulox p like this.

.wf-active .titulox p {
    }
  • It still doesn’t work :(

The following code remains overwriting it:

.wf-active .entry-content div {
    font-family: "Open Sans",sans-serif;
  • I was wondering if I style it with HTML will it work?

Or maybe setting a h5 or some header that I don’t usually use and then setting the font for the header with CSS?

• Oh geez, I can’t believe I didn’t notice this. The font stack you have is not the one required for the LFT Etica font. Change things to look like this.

.wf-active .entry-content .titulox p {
        font-family: "etica-display-1","etica-display-2",sans-serif;
    }

Do the same for .numerox a and add the .wf-active in front of the selector like this.
    .wf-active .numerox a

• thanks thesacredpath! it works flawlessly, you’re great!

• Awesome, and you are welcome!

• The topic ‘font issue’ is closed to new replies.