Featured Image resize

• Author

cmeiaro

I’m still new to CSS – I’ve been teaching myself some basics lately. I was wondering if it’s possible to resize the featured images on my posts. When I’m on the page for the actual post (not the homepage or anything), the featured image is so huge. Can anyone help me to scale it down a little?

The blog I need help with is attaining-ataraxia.com.

cmeiaro

Now that i’m looking at my blog, the featured images are pretty large on the homepage too. I’ve been messing around with the theme and have been unsuccessful in making any changes

Hi there, with Radcliffe 2, the images are designed to go full width, and the theme calculates the height of the image areas for the posts continuously based on the width of the screen/window it is viewed on. What we can do is to set a maximum height for the image containers. What I’ve done below is to use a Media Query to limit this to screens/windows 600px and wider as it makes things go awry below 600px in width.

/*home page featured image height*/
    @media screen and (min-width: 600px) {
      .entry-thumbnail {
        max-height: 600px;
      }
    }

The above makes more of a difference on the home page than on the single post pages. On the single post pages, we could use a separate CSS rule to make those shorter still, but it will cut off more of the images, and on some of your posts, such as the luna & solis post, this would probably not be acceptable.

See what you think with the above and let me know.

cmeiaro

I’ll check that out. Thank you!! I do like my current theme but I may mess around with some other options too. I appreciate your help!!

You are welcome, and let us know if you have further questions.

The topic ‘Featured Image resize’ is closed to new replies.