Feature Request: Pinning Top Toolbar

• Author

justjennifer

Howdy! I’m coming back to this from my previous topic https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/block-editor-pinning-top-toolbar-in-firefox/ where I am still having an issue of needing to pin the toolbar each and every time I open the WordPress Editor. It’s a huge irritant.

I’d like to add a feature request to globally pin the Editor toolbar on all my sites at one go as the default behavior.

If it is not possible to do this globally, please add pinning the toolbar to the Block Editor’s Options panel so I’d only need to set this once per site.

Thanks!

macmanx
    Staff

That is a good idea, thanks!

justjennifer

Yay! Hope it happens sooner, ‘cuz the dent in my desk from my forehead is getting deeper each day. :)

musicdoc1

Hi folks. I not very familiar with the block editor. How is pinning of the toolbar ordinarily accomplished, even for one session?

justjennifer

Hey @musicdoc1 head to the three dots in the top right corner of the editing screen in the block editor and click it. When it opens you’ll see the first option is “Top toolbar”.

After you enable it, the block’s formatting toolbar, of whatever block you’re using, will remain at the top of the screen rather than appearing at the top of the block itself. The top toolbar is stationary, so is visible all the time. Hope that helps.

musicdoc1

Hey @justjennifer, thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.