Export domain to other host

• Author

sethisaacson

Hello,

I’m trying to export my domain for use with another host. The domain name was included with the hosting plan. When I go to the domain settings under ‘Transfer Mapping’, I see only two options: Transfer to another user and Transfer to another WordPress.com site. I would like to instead transfer to another account (using Domain.com hosting). How do I do this? I’m worried that if I just delete the domain mapping, I’ll have to wait 60 days before being able to buy the domain via something like domain.com.

macmanx
    Staff

If you’re referring to muddsub.org that domain is only mapped here, we’re not the domain’s registrar.

You’ll need to speak to your current registrar, which appears to be Domain.com, about this.

sethisaacson

Thank you, my mistake! I removed the domain mapping, but it still sends to a WordPress error page. How do I fix this so it just uses files I upload to the site (by FTP)?

macmanx
    Staff

Make sure the domain’s name servers are pointed to your hosting provider’s name servers.

You’ll need to consult your hosting provider’s and domain registrar’s documentation for specifics.

sethisaacson

Great, thanks for the help.

The topic ‘Export domain to other host’ is closed to new replies.