Explanation for the rise in same-quality traffic, and collapse in WordAds rates

• I am mystified at the complete COLLAPSE in WordAds remuneration rates, starting a few years back and plummeting off a CLIFF this year.

What gives? From a peak of $2.62 cpm for high quality/desirable demographic readers/ad-exposures, to $.07? When ad rates are going up, like everything in an inflationary economy? I’m reaching the same North American (predominant) audience I always have, only much LARGER, and you seem to be actively disincentivizing my hard work and hard won audience gains in some sort of reverse pyramid scheme, like an insurance company that offers its best rates to new customers and screws over loyal ones.

I have read your other responses to questions like this, and none of them seem to apply here.

I am doing my part, BETTER THAN EVER. And yet whatever Bot you use to bid out advertising seems to have failed you. You are discounting quality content to an ad-desirable demographic to the point where you are killing people’s businesses. Maybe set aside all your labor-adding BS un-solicited “upgrades” to the sites themselves and software and FIX WORDADS.

And yes, if any lawyer is reading this, WordPress’s behavior here seems like what got Google Ads a massive class action lawsuit.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

You’ve posted to our forum for free sites and since we do not offer WordAds on free sites, we’re not in the best position to answer.

If you need some clarification about your particular WordAds account and the changes you’ve seen, please use the priority support contact provided by your Personal Plan here and they’ll be better able to advise: https://wordpress.com/help/contact

Thank you!

• The topic ‘Explanation for the rise in same-quality traffic, and collapse in WordAds rates’ is closed to new replies.