european union

• Author

Hi, This is strange.
    Among the countries from which come the clicks on my blog, https://wordpress.com/stats/day/stopislamicstatescrimes.wordpress.com?startDate=2015-09-19 one is ‘European Union’.
    Now, that union consists of several countries and they are all mentioned seperately when clicks come from there. If all countries from Europe would fall under ‘European Union’ the list of countries would be much shorter.
    What does it mean when ‘European Union’ clicks on my blog? Official instance from the European Government? Any idea?

The blog I need help with is stopislamicstatescrimes.wordpress.com.

doncharisma

Just had a look at my stats, and yes I see UK is not included in European Union … I thought the UK was part of the European Union ?

Cheers

Don Charisma

auxclass

What does it mean when ‘European Union’ clicks on my blog?

The WordPress.COM software can not determine the country of origin but thinks a visitor is coming from a country in the EU – that stat is a recent addition I think – used to be those counts would be thrown away

doncharisma

Who am I to say, but might be better as “Other” then if UK isn’t included and they can’t determine the country of origin !

Cheers

Don Charisma

Just for your information, doncharisma: UK is mentioned as such. ALL countries of the EU are mentioned seperately. It does not mean that they are not part of the EU. That is why I wondered about the use of it.
    So, auxclass, thanks for the info. It still is a bit weird but at least it makes “some” sense that an undefined click is considered to come from that far away unknown EU :)

doncharisma

@mariaminislam, and just for your information :

“UK is mentioned as such.” … where in the stats, I don’t see it ?

“ALL countries of the EU are mentioned separately.” – yes I can see that, seems odd the to include “European Union” as a separate category, but I think we established that.

“It does not mean that they are not part of the EU.” – I’m from the UK, so well aware of UK’s exact status in Europe.

“That is why I wondered about the use of it.” – I understood that, thanks for clarifying, just in case I didn’t, which I do/did already.

So seems like we’ve come to a resolution on this :

European Union on WordPress stats means – “they” don’t know where it came from, they used to throw those hits away, but a bright spark somewhere decided to call them “European Union” and re-include them, because obviously all “odd” traffic must originate in distant deepest darkest European Union …

Cheers

Don Charisma

auxclass

You are welcome – yes seems a bit weird – but it can be tough determining where a visitor comes from – one friend when they visited my site would show as visiting from 3,000 miles away in a different state even though they were really about 15 miles away in the same state

The topic ‘european union’ is closed to new replies.