"Error cropping your image"

• I have recently started using the Twenty Seventeen theme on both my blogs. However, I have run into a trouble when trying to change the header image. I have found header images that work for both, but in trying to select other choices for header imagines, particular for the blog at http://compulsiveoverreader.wordpress.com , I’m finding that nearly ever photo I choose from my pictures, when I bring it in and I choose “Select & Crop,” the cropping screen tells me “There was an error cropping your image” and I can’t find any way to crop or use the picture. I’ve had this happen with several different photos I tried to use for header images, and I’m wondering if there’s some requirement for header image photos in this theme that I’m missing out on.

Any help/suggestions anyone can offer would be much appreciated!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Not sure why it says at the end there “The blog I need help with is trudymorgancole.wordpress.com” — does that get added automatically? Because the blog I need help with in this case compulsiveoverreader.wordpress.com

• Currently, after playing around with it a bit more, a picture that it wasn’t allowing me to crop and use as a header this morning, it now is allowing me to use — which is good, but also strange because I didn’t do anything different with it. I’d like to take a good, new picture to use as a header but I’m a little concerned I’ll go to the trouble of taking one I really like and then won’t be able to post it.

• Hello there,

Many thanks for reaching out and providing those updates.

The size in terms of width is the most likely cause of this issue – are you able to confirm the sizes of the old and new images you’d like to use please?

Many thanks.

• The topic ‘"Error cropping your image"’ is closed to new replies.