Episodes marked as Clean

• Greetings.
    I have a podcast through WordPress. I have noticed that even though I marked the show as explicit content, in the iTunes Store the episodes are marked as clean (and the podcast name itself has the red E).
    However, once you subscribe and look at it in the podcast app, it has the correct Explicit icon. Is there any way to fix this easily, so it will be noted as explicit BEFORE people subscribe, so they know what they’re getting?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Did you ever find a resolution to this problem?

I am having the same issue, and the iTunes forum folks said this is grounds for having my podcast removed from iTunes. I have submitted a help ticket to WordPress, but it’s been over 24 hours and I haven’t gotten a response.

Can anyone help?

• @onemorefirst
    You already contacted Staff so what I post for the original blogger below is not for you. All you need is patience.

@hashtagjustsayinpodcast
    When we need Staff help with issues Volunteers cannot resolve like this one we type modlook into the sidebar tags on our forum threads. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Then we subscribe to this thread so we are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Hello hashtagjustsayinpodcast!

The Explicit configuration you do in your WordPress.com site is only for the podcast, the episodes need to be tagged as Explicit individually. You can check how to do that on the link below:

Add Explicit and Clean Tags to Songs in iTunes

The exemple above uses the app Mp3tag to create a tag called “ITUNESADVISORY” with the “1” value. You have to tag the mp3 files before uploading.

• I have already tagged the MP3 files per
    The suggestion of another WordPress CS agent.
    I finally heard from ITunes. They assure me it has to do with WordPress. This is what he said:
    ————-

To clear any confusion- in order for a Podcast episode to be listed as explicit, the explicit tag must be set to “yes” for the episode and also the podcast overall.

Currently, the explicit tag for the Podcast is “yes”. The explicit tags for your episodes are set to “no”. You need WordPress to allow you to set the explicit tag to “yes” for your episodes.

Thank you
    ———-

So how do I fix that?

• hashtagjustsayinpodcast, it appears to be an issue on the podcast feed. We are working to fix this. I’ll let you know when I have an update about that.

• hashtagjustsayinpodcast, we fixed this issue. Now, when your podcast is set as explicit, its episodes will be shown as explicit too.

• hashtagjustsayinpodcast, did this fix the issue for you? I see that you have an episode you posted the day WordPress said this was resolved, but it’s still showing as clean. Not sure if that was posted before or after they made the changes.

I’m just trying to make sure things are working on the front end before more of my episodes are labeled incorrectly.

Thanks!

• The topic ‘Episodes marked as Clean’ is closed to new replies.