embedding youtube videos

• I tried embedding videos from youtube. but i was not successful.

is there a way to do this?

• I have the same problem!
    For videos from Video.google the problem persists as well!
    Can anybody help us out?
    Or maybe this could be an idea for a new feature?

• i am assuming this can go here…i am trying ot embed audio from file lodge and the post editor keep removing my html code…
    keeps it until i push “save” and then *poof* it disappears

• Sometimes embeded flash videos trigger the adblock extension in firefox. Since the flash video is coming from an external source…

• We’re filtering out all object tags, which is how youtube and google videos work. It’s a bit of work to scrutinize these tags but we aim to make the feature available eventually.

Until then, keep linking to the youtube or google url.

• can anyone explain why this worked previously and not now? embedding youtube videos worked like a charm before, and indeed, it’s become crucial to my band’s blog. why do you have these features seduce us and then take them away?
    as another poster (vidness) stated, blogger has no problems with these, offers 300megs of image uploads, and i can hang a nice del.icio.us tag cloud in the side bar. too bad, i was really getting into wordpress..

• Well i don’t know why you are not allowing the object tags but i don’t like it. Please change it soon.

• please please please :)

• I had the same problem for the videos with both youtube and google. Might the same problem preventing flickr badge also.
    I have been using wordpress for more than 2 month now, i love it and do not want to change. But clearly this feature would be on my priority list far ahead customisation to templates.

• Now, I’m having a problem too.. Earlier, I was successful on embedding it. The next day, it doesn’t work anymore. (my blog is not showing any embedded flash). My categories were suprisingly not functional or gone bonkers as well..

• As Andy said

“We’re filtering out all object tags, which is how youtube and google videos work. It’s a bit of work to scrutinize these tags but we aim to make the feature available eventually.

Until then, keep linking to the youtube or google url.”

If you want to use Youtube vids you have to type this

[youtube= http:// youtube.com / the url for the video ]

Without the spaces, and your video should work.

• There’s a link in the FAQ to an article that walks you through this as well explaining how to work out the link.

• Great. Where’s the FAQ ?

• Top sticky thread in this forum (highlighted in red) or here

• Thanks.
    To cut a long story short for other users looking for instructions. You can find the FAQ here:

YouTube Support

• You should be reading the FAQ anyway though. :)

• I post YouTubes sometimes and it’s:

[youtube=PAST THE URL LINK HERE]

• Could someone please explain to me the difference between the URL and the KEYCODE, or alternatively where I can locate keycodes at You Tube?

Using DrMike’s example, I can copy/paste the keycode he’s provided and upload that video to my blog. But I cannot locate any keycodes myself at You Tube, hence am unable to upload my own video. I’ve read the FAQ and it doesn’t state where the keycode is, so it must be so obvious that it doesn’t need stating …

• My mistake. I did mess up on that one. I was thinking of the plugin i use on my blog which only uses the keycode. Here’s the usage as an example:

URL of a video: http: //youtube.com/watch?v=cTJim2zIhII

The code you use: [youtube=http://youtube.com/watch?v=cTJim2zIhII]

Sorry again. (I support *WAY* too many things…)

-dr(Need sleep….)mike

• I started having probs. with embedded youtube a couple of days ago. The initial image appears fine, but when you click the ‘play’ button it says ‘Loading…’, but never loads. Again, vids play fine on the youtube site.
    FYI I’ve tested it at work and at home, in FF and IE (in both places I have a firewall, as all sensible folk should). Please feel free to go to my site and let me know if it works for you.

(originally posted at http://wordpress.com/forums/topic.php?id=1853 but this thread seems more relevant)

• The topic ‘embedding youtube videos’ is closed to new replies.