Editor Feedback

• @mkucsera, link search will be added back. It just hasn’t been added yet. Sorry for the trouble!

For the issue you reported about comments and your mobile phone, that sounds like it might be a separate issue from the editor changes. Can you please start a new help request for that at https://en.forums.wordpress.com/?new=1 ?

• I really like this new experience. I too have been using the old posting format because the “New and improved” one was awful for me. This fixes most of the problems.

I LOVE the new way to preview, letting you see how it will appear in mobile/browser formats, but also still being able to open the preview in a new window (going back and forth is how I like to edit).

• also pingbacks aren’t working. See the daily post prompt for today to see what I mean. I know of three people who responded to the post, myself included, and none of our sites are linked on the page.

• This is amazing news.

But when will you guys come out with a WordPress App for Windows Phones that works ??

• @mkucsera, I will test pingbacks and get back to you.

@mitaroygoahotel, I’m not sure on that one. :)

• Hello – how do you edit pictures in this new version – I can’t work out how to turn a picture round or crop it once its uploaded to the media page?
    thanks

• @mkucsera Pingbacks were accidentally turned off for the Daily Post prompt you responded to. Could you make a minor change to your post and then click “Update” and see if the Pingback appears on the Daily Post? If it does not please let us know and we can look into this further for you.

• I made a change and updated it but It’s still not showing up. :(

• @jgulland, advanced image editing like cropping and rotation are not hooked up yet. Apologies for the inconvenience! Those things will be added in the future but I am not sure when. In the short term, you may find the advanced image editing functions by adding /wp-admin to the end of your home page address and then using the “Media” section on the left. May I ask how often you use those advanced image editing features after uploading an image instead of before uploading?

• Never mind it’s there now :) thank you!

• I liked that toolbar in the HTML editor too, and I missed it today… Count another vote for getting it back.
    Thanks! :-)

• one more thing–when you click respond in a new post from the daily post prompt, (same for the photo prompt victory) it doesn’t add a ping back at the bottom of the post like it did in the old editor. You have manually do it. Can you fix that? Or remove the button because it’s useless. Also when you click respond in a new post, it used to create a new post with that trackback for my primary account now there’s this unnecessary step in between asking me to select my blog. The other blogs are Blogging U classes. I wouldn’t post a prompt to their sites. Can you make it not ask you to select your blog?

• 1. Ability to link to existing posts. It used to be there and allow me the ability to search, but I can only link to a URL now.

2. Do we really need to toggle “advanced” for the edit bar? It doesn’t take up that much space. Why not just leave it toggled open? Or give us the ability to set that as the default?

3. I also vote for the HTML editing bar and for the HTML and Visual tabs to stay visible when scrolling.

Other than that, I really like what I’m seeing. I’ll report if I see anything else that looks or acts funny.

• I no longer see the “stick to front page” option under post visibility. Is that gone?

• How do you put borders around images?

• @crnigrad, you got it. May I ask why you prefer the HTML editor over the Visual editor? Is it just that you’re more used to HTML?

• How do you put borders around images?

@midnightwatcher, that one will need to be done manually via HTML or with custom CSS (if you have Premium or Business plan) or by switching back to the WP Admin editor. May I ask how often you manually add borders to links or can you post me to one of your posts that has them so I can see?

• I no longer see the “stick to front page” option under post visibility. Is that gone?

The sticky option is still there. Click the little arrow and text juuust above the Preview button.

• @epiren

1. Ability to link to existing posts. It used to be there and allow me the ability to search, but I can only link to a URL now.

3. I also vote for the HTML editing bar and for the HTML and Visual tabs to stay visible when scrolling.

I’ll add these comments to the suggestion list.

2. Do we really need to toggle “advanced” for the edit bar? It doesn’t take up that much space. Why not just leave it toggled open? Or give us the ability to set that as the default?

It really does take up too much space, especially depending on the size of your screen.

Other than that, I really like what I’m seeing. I’ll report if I see anything else that looks or acts funny.

Thank you for the feedback!

• The topic ‘Editor Feedback’ is closed to new replies.