Edin Theme features pages.

• I need help, on the Edin theme I am able to have three feature icons of some of my other pages. One of them is my blog. How can I fix it so that on my blog feature icon it only shows my latest posting and not all of them?
    I just want it to show one, my latest. Right now it shows my two recent postings to my blog.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

As long as Infinite Scroll is disabled, the number of posts displayed on the blog page, and on archives pages, is determined by the “Blog pages show at most” setting at Reading Settings. See the Reading Settings support page. However, note that the “Blog pages show at most” setting will not only apply to the Blog page front page feature, on a page with the Front Page Template assigned, it will also apply to the your blog page (“Past and Future Wreaths“) as well as author, category, tag, date (year, month, day) archives pages, all other archives pages, and search results.

An option you might want to consider would be to insert Display Posts Shortcode in a static page, customized to display one post and to include an image (from the featured image). It might have a code such as the following:
    [display-posts image_size="large" posts_per_page="1"]

Then you could assign that page as one of the front page featured pages.

• I meant to include a link to the Edin theme guide. While parts of the above have broader applications, the parts about the Front Page Template and the front page featured pages, apply specifically to the Edin theme.

• Correction:

An option you might want to consider would be to insert Display Posts Shortcode in a static page, customized to display one post and to include an image (from the featured image). It might have a code such as the following:
    [display-posts image_size="large" posts_per_page="1"]

Then you could assign that page as one of the front page featured pages.

This doesn’t work as I had expected it would. Though it works fine on the page in which it is inserted, the shortcode will not display in the corresponding front page feature on the Edin theme.

• The topic ‘Edin Theme features pages.’ is closed to new replies.