Download blog with plain text, they're our words!

• Author

nakedhonesty

I believe we should have the option to download our blogs in plain text. They are our words and the site makes money off of them running ads. When I went to export my blog to edit it down and make a book, I saw all this coding that would take hours and hours to remove and make the text useable. The font was strange and the support team, though limited by what options they can give tried their best to give me an option besides a paid service to make it a book. I converted it to a pdf at their suggestion and it was extremely badly formatted. I don’t think the paid services for this are a bad idea, it was in fact an idea I had myself but I want to do the editing myself. WordPress team, please allow us to download our content as a simple word document. These are our words and hard work and heart we put into it should not be thanked by difficulties like this. I appreciate the platform that was created and the work that goes into coding and formatting a website such as this but let us have our words for our own use more easily. Thank you.

The blog I need help with is nakedhonesty.wordpress.com.

fstat
    Staff

Hi there,

That export file is meant to facilitate the transfer of your content to another WordPress site or to a different platform. It needs to be formated that way as it contains all the information needed for the posts, pages, authors, categories, tags, and media files to be properly imported.

You can, however, use a third-party service like BlogBooker which will convert your blog into a downloadable Word or PDF document.

The topic ‘Download blog with plain text, they're our words!’ is closed to new replies.